Chapter 13 - First Date

Chase's POV

"So Chase, my neighbor has this girl and she is so pre-"

"Oh no, no, no way," Conner interjected, shaking his head as he pointed at me, "This one over here is taken." He added as my grandpa for some reason decided to set me up with his neighbor's granddaughter.

"Set me up, I am the single one over here." He added in annoyance before he seated himself beside my grandpa, way too interested in this conversation.

"Taken?" Grandpa's eyebrows pulled together as his confused gaze flickered from Conner to me, "When? With whom? And why wasn't I informed about this?"

I wanted to facepalm. Freaking Conner. I am really starting to contemplate the idea of having him stay with me.

"With Lilly," Conner answered on my behalf ever so casually, "You know her, right?" He said then waved his hand in the air, "Anyways, anyways, back to your neighbor's granddaughter, how is she like? Is she hot?"

A smile lit up grandpa's face, "Oh, Lilly, yeah, I always liked that girl."

"Which girl?" Melanie asked as she walked into the room and placed a plate full of Christmas cookies on the table ahead of us.

"Chase's girlfriend." Grandpa answered with a smile, my love life seemed to brighten up his day for some reason.

"Chase has a girlfriend?" It was Zack who asked that question. My eyes shot up to the door, to see him standing there, he had half an eaten cookie in his hand as he glanced at me in pure confusion.

"Yeah, it's Lilly, you know her, they spent last Christmas with us." My grandpa answered, informing both Melanie and Zack.

I turned to Conner and shot him one hell of a glare, he just had to open his big mouth. He gulped and scooted closer toward grandpa, as if he could save him from me later.

"Yeah, of course I know her." Zack answered, his tone neutral. Maybe he thought this is still about the whole fake dating fiasco.

He turned his back after and walked out of the room. Something weird tugged at my inside, I already hate the whole keeping it a secret situation and it just keeps getting harder by the second.

I don't want to keep it a secret anymore, not from anyone. Especially not from Zack. I can't handle the thought that he's still after her, he is still trying...trying to get my girl. And I can't accept that.

"Oh really, she is such a cute girl," Melanie said with a sweet smile as she gently placed her hand over my arm.

True, she is my dad's step mother yet she always treated me just like she treated Zack, like her very own grandson.

The vibration of my phone over the table grabbed all of their attention. My grandpa leaned closer and took a look at the screen, his smile widened when he saw Lilly's name.

"Answer it, answer it." He said excitedly as he patted the empty space on the couch beside him.

Seriously now, why is he that much excited?

I answered the video call and her pretty face showed up on my screen. She smiled at my sight and all of my annoyance suddenly faded away.

"Hey," She said sweetly and I wished nothing but to have her by my side now.

"Hey, ho-"

"Come here, sit here!" Grandpa interrupted me, "Come on," he added, his eyes glaring, forcing me to go and sit beside him.