Chapter 18 - Each color had a meaning

"Would you kill, to save a life?"

*************

Lilly's POV

Fear prickled under the surface of my skin as I drank into the feedback of what's happening. My skin itched under the effect of the tight ropes and my shocked gaze drifted around the big room, trying to understand where the hell I am. Nothing looked familiar.

I gulped down and my chest heaved up and down, hyperventilating at the realization. Oh god, he kidnapped me, he actually kidnapped me.

What is he gonna do to me?

My eyes fell back on him as he edged forward toward me. He crouched down, leveling himself and when he got so close, I immediately pressed my eyes shut and flinched away, scared of what he might do. I didn't know what to expect from him anymore. He isn't the Christian I thought I knew once, not the caring, not the gentle one, not the one who loved me. He is the Christian who hates me and my family. The Christian who lied. The one who is willing to hurt us at all costs.

When nothing happened, I pried my eyes open and hesitantly looked back at him. He was staring back at me in pure confusion, his eyebrows pulled closer, "Are you crazy?" He questioned, in disbelief of my reaction, "I am not gonna hurt you."

My jaw tightened, "And I am supposed to believe that, considering you kidnapped me!"

"I didn't kidnap you," He mumbled, barely audible as his hand went to mine and he started to untie the ropes from over my wrists.

"Yeah, I willingly knocked myself down and sleepwalked to this place, and then I tied myself up and waited for you!" I shot out, sarcastically, bewildered at his words and beyond scared at the situation I am in, but I won't show him that.

He didn't say anything back, the muscles of his jaw worked, and his gaze was focused on my hands only as he freed them from the ropes. His fingers were wrapped over my arm, steadying it. When the ropes fell down, his finger moved and gently caressed the red skin underneath.

I pulled my hands back, out of his grasp, and I rubbed at my wrists, wincing at the feeling. When my eyes met his again, I asked, "What are you gonna do to me?"

He stared at me for a long second before he said, "I don't know."

"Then, why did you bring me here?!" I snapped, frustrated.

"I didn't bring you here," He mumbled, his words driving me insane and I tried to get up to my feet, but his hands over my shoulders stopped me, "Don't even think about it," He stressed out, his voice hard and warning, "I said I am not gonna hurt you," He stressed out and the muscles of his jaw ticked as he held me down with a stare, "So, don't force me to do otherwise."

He left his threatening there and got up to his feet, he walked a bit far away from me and I let my gaze wander around the room. It was big and mostly empty, with a black door right at the end. My escape. I will find a way to escape, I won't let him hurt me.

"They're gonna notice I am not there, you know," I said, my turn to threaten him, "They will find me."

Sally and Noah, they will notice my absence, they would tell uncle Roman, he would tell dad and he will immediately come for me. The thought had my throat tightening and I silently pleaded; please dad, come and save me.

"Not right away, they won't," He said, turning around to look at me.

Confusion at his comment must've been written all over my face, because he pulled a phone from his pocket, no, not any phone, my phone, and he showed it to me, "Thanks to this," He added and looked at the screen, as if reading through my messages, "Your friend now thinks you're with your uncle, your uncle thinks you're with your friend," He said, "Your mother does text you a lot, but worry not, she won't suspect a thing."