Chapter 29 - The world isn't big enough

As usual, there are several POVs in this chapter, sorry again but it's necessary!

**********

"Power belongs to those who take it."

**********

Nikolas's POV

"Maria, where did you get this from?" I grated out, the words scarping at my throat, and my fingers tightening over the small piece of paper, crumbling it in my grip as I tried to come in terms with what is actually happening.

"Uncle Nathan," She said, so innocently, so unaware. My blood boiled, the fire raged within my chest, stealing the oxygen feeding my lungs as the reality of everything ascended on me; He got near her, he was here, he could've...he probably has Nathan...No, no fucking way!

"He was here," Maria added, pointing at the opened back door and without thinking, I strode forward, my eyes taking notice of our surroundings, walking forward till my gaze fell on the three bodies laying on the ground, belonging to the security guards, not too far away from the house. He casually just killed them and walked into my house...

My fingers curled into the inside of my palm, my teeth grinding against each other as all types of dark thoughts raged my brain...I can't fucking wait to get my hands on him.

I rushed back in, ready to go and find my son when I saw Natalie crouching down by Maria's side, "What do you mean by...uncle?" She asked, so confused and clueless.

Maria smiled and pointed at her mother, "You have a brother Nathan, like me!" She said, an innocent excitement in her voice and I noticed how Natalie's fingers twitched over Maria's as she drank into the brand new information before her gaze lifted up, meeting mine.

Breathless, her chest heaved out, her eyes asking me for an explanation, for anything. The fear and terror tangled up with the realization and I just shook my head, dismissing the topic for now, "I need to find Nathan, and we can take care of the rest later," I stressed out, strictly before I picked up Maria and wrapped her in my embrace, "You are staying with me," I mumbled in her hair, thinking how close I let him get to her, how he could be getting near to wherever Nathan is now.

Not a chance, I am putting an end to this before it even starts.

My eyes found Natalie's again before I took off, I didn't let the tears gathering behind her eyes stop me, I didn't let them change my mind the slightest as I grabbed her hand in mine, my squeeze gentle and reassuring, that the only thing that matters now, is getting Nathan back. No more, no less.

***************

Lilly's POV

I plastered myself to Max's side, not planning on letting him go anywhere away from me as I listened to Nikolas tell dad about what happened, as I watched more men walk around the house, more security gathering, another proof that Louis was here, he got close, so close.

Christian was right; I don't think we should take him lightly.

He was able to walk into one of the houses without any one us even noticing, he was even able to get to Maria's side, oh god, he could've hurt the little girl.

The thought alone had me tightening my hand over Max's arm, stopping him from walking forward, "Don't even think about it," I hissed beside him, already knowing what he is planning to do.

His gaze fell to mine, wild and raging, "If Nathan is outside now, it's because of me," He said, the pain and the anger darkening his eyes, "If anything happens to him..." He shook his head, refusing to say nor think about it as the guilt ate him alive.