Chapter 38 - Sweet Ruination

Welcome back to this chaotic story. You may hate it, or you may love it. It's up to you. I just need to finish it xD

I advise you to at least read the last part of the last chapter so as not to get lost. Also, mature content ahead, so tread carefully xD

Anyways, Happy reading!

*****************

Lilly's POV

"We are gonna lea...oh shit, Sally look, they are stealing our bet!"

Conner's voice was enough to drag me out of my dreamy heavenly moment and push me away, breaking the kiss, very flustered and shocked at the sudden turn of events. My hand abruptly moved over the counter, accidentally knocking the glass of water down. A low gasp left my lips at the sound it made and how the water spilled into the floor, all at once then dropwise.

My throat bobbed heavily, and my eyes didn't dare to look at Chase's side yet. My gaze lifted up from the dripping water and went to Conner, standing beside Sally at the kitchen's doorway. He crossed his arms over his chest, his eyebrow raising in utter bafflement as he caught us red-handed.

Sally gave me a questioning look, part relieved, and part so very confused. Believe me, I was more confused, the last thing I expected to happen was this. I was innocently drinking my water when he unexpectedly took it away and knocked the breath out of my lungs by slamming his lips into mine...oh damn.

I could still feel his hand resting over my thigh, so big and warm and I wanted to push it the hell away from me. I could feel the redness coat my body whole, my neck, and my face. It was so fucking hot all of a sudden. My heart was thumping hard in my ears, and the only thing I could hear besides it was the sound of the water dripping from the counter and hitting the ground, one drop after another...why was it so much louder than it should be!

Without looking at him, my hand went to my thigh and pushed his away, not very discreetly I might add. Damn it, but I just needed him to be a hundred miles away from me as I try and compose myself again. Conner noticed my uncomfortableness and his lips twitched, "I just love when I make it awkward," He said giddily, looking at Sally and winking.

She sighed and rolled her eyes, not willing to indulge him in this. She curled her hand over his wrist, "Let's go," She whispered, more like hissed, ready to drag him out for my benefit.

"Why?" He innocently questioned, "This is fun...oh wait, yeah, we have a bet to take care of, right," He added in realization, the thought of having sex more convincing and interesting than staying here and making us uncomfortable, obviously.

Sally waved us bye, flashing me a wide grin, indirectly encouraging me to indulge further in this nonsense and I couldn't get my face to make any other expression. I was fully frozen, horrified by what could transpire following their departure. I wanted to use my voice and ask them to stay because if they do, I won't have to face Chase and discuss what we did and what we could still do.

Sally dragged Conner out of the kitchen and I heard him speak, loud enough for us to hear, "I left you a condom here, use it, don't be irresponsible, " He stressed out, "I don't want to have siblings anytime soon!"

His words were followed by Sally grumbling something, their footsteps fading away, and lastly the door closing shut. I blew out a low breath from my mouth and decided that it is in everyone's best interest not to face Chase and look him in the eye now; I would crumble to pieces. So, I pushed myself off the counter, using the little space between us so I can run away.