Chapter 7 - Lion boy

"Golden Child, Lion boy, tell me what it's like to conquer."

************

Six months later...

Lilly's POV

I was close. So close.

Wind whipped through around me, hot and hard, the sun blazing down from over-head. I increased my grip on the throttle, ticking it back a little more as I eased into the endpoint of the trackway. The engine warbled deep as I set a cautious but still a fast pace.

An unstoppable smile crawled up my lips as I took a turn and halted the bike to a stop where everyone else was waiting for us. Adrenaline still pumped into my veins as I climbed off and took the helmet from over my head.

I leaned against the bike and crossed my arms over my chest as I waited for Louis, who a minute later arrived with his bike. My eyebrow raised when he went off and shot me a hard glare, "This didn't just happen!"

"You mean me beating you?" I questioned proudly, "Oh yeah, I think it did."

He looked around in frustration, "How in the hell-?" He rushed a hand over his face, "I can't believe this."

Christian chuckled, pretty much impressed as he walked closer to me, "That's my girl," He mumbled, pressing a kiss to my temple as his arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer.

I couldn't hide the excitement from being expressed all over my face and I leaned into him. Louis kicked his bike, "Unbelievable," He mumbled, being a sore loser as always.

Stacy laughed and pretended to soothe him, "It's okay, we won't tell anyone."

He shot her a glare before he looked back at me, "This isn't over, little one," He pointed his hand at me, "I will beat you next time."

I waved my hand, dismissing him and calling out his bluff, "I won, so as we agreed, you will be wearing the clown tie to work for the next two weeks," I added, my eyebrow raising, challenging and reminding him of our bet.

He let out a fake cry, "Oh, I am so screwed."

I chuckled, imagining him attending the business meetings with the clown tie, oh, the next weeks are gonna be so much fun. With his shoulders slumped down, he walked away in defeat and Stacy followed him, adding to his misery with her mockery.

Well, he deserved it, his ego didn't make him think for once that I am good enough to beat him.

I looked up at Christian, who was already staring back at me, pride and amusement danced in his beautiful eyes, "You were great out there," He commented and I shrugged, "Well, I had a good teacher."

His smile grew wider and his gaze flickered down to my jacket then back to my eyes, he gave me a knowing look and the side of his lip pulled up in a smirk, "You look so damn hot right now," He commented, casually addressing the motorcycle hoodie he had bought for me today.

I narrowed my eyes playfully at him before I tiptoed and pressed my lips to his in a quick kiss.

It was a black hoodie with armor, it had a white stripe over the sleeves, accompanied by blue lines, he knows it's my favorite color. The pattern of the jacket matched the ones on the helmet and the boots.

It's was a set, a one I had my eyes on from before and was going to buy since I've been riding down Christian's bike almost every week. But he beat me to it and gifted it to me today as my birthday present.

My birthday is not till Monday, but Christian will have a project submission that day, so as not to miss out, today he brought me to Motocross and everyone else was here for a little surprise gathering to celebrate my existence.