Chapter 25 - He learned from the best

"I always say I am done with you, but I never am."

*************

Lilly's POV

Something doesn't feel right.

Dad and Nikolas are being secretive about something; and I can't help but think; what is Louis's motive in all of this? We all know why Christian did what he did, but Louis...something just doesn't add up and I have a feeling they are both fully aware of the reason, but keeping it in.

Doing what I always do, which is pushing my nose into everything, I knocked on the room they went into and opened the door. My entrance silenced them for a second, my eyes drifted from dad, to Nikolas, to uncle Roman and lastly to Emma as I shut the door behind me.

I took a couple of steps forward and dad gave me a questioning look. I returned it with a knowing look, "Christian and Louis came after me," They both used me and my stupidity, "So, I need to know what's going on," I added; this was my business to take care of as well, one of the many mistakes that I might get the chance to correct.

Louis hurt my brother, he almost...I shook my head, no, Max is okay now but Louis will pay for it with his blood. In this part in exact, I agree with whatever they're willing to do to him.

"Show me his picture," Emma asked, stepping forward, her hand extended, asking for the phone.

My eyes flickered to Nikolas, checking with him and he just nodded his head, indirectly telling me it's okay. I pulled the phone from my pocket, opened the picture and placed it in Emma's palm. Her eyes focused on the screen, lines etched between her eyebrows the longer she gazed at it, assessing something before she turned to dad and Nikolas, "Can someone explain to me why does this Louis look like a younger version of Ronald?"

Nikolas's jaw ticked, "That's because his name is not really Louis," He said, his hand on the side curling into a fist, the anger vibrating off him since I exposed this is uncontainable. Something is seriously not right.

Emma seemed to get the underlying meaning behind his words, "How did-" She started to say but was interrupted with the ringing of her own phone. She huffed out and handed me mine before she answered hers. I took that as my chance to walk closer to Nikolas's side, "What do you mean his name isn't Louis?" I asked, my eyebrows pulling closer in utter confusion, "Who is he and what does he want?"

I felt dad's hand rest over my shoulder, interrupting my investigation, "Lilly why don't you leave this for us to take care of?"

I turned around to face him, "But dad..."

"The mansion was under attack," Emma's urgent tone interrupted everyone and uncle Roman's eyes grew wide at the sudden news, "It was probably this fucking Louis, they took Christian."

What?

"What?" Dad stepped forward, "How the hell did that happen?" His eyes drifted between Nikolas and Emma, "Whoever the fuck this Louis is, where did he get the enough power to do that?"

Emma's jaw ticked and she pulled her phone away, pure rage flickered in the green of her eyes, "I have no fucking idea!" She grated out, the fact that her house was attacked twisted her expression into a furious, very scary one.

Uncle Roman inched to her side, sensing her distress as he rested his hand over her lower back, and whispered some words to her, probably trying to calm her down. She shook her head in bewilderment, "What if we were there, huh," She shot out, enraged, "What if Wyatt was there?" The look in her eyes was pure deadly, "I thought we had top security, then how the fuck did this happen!"