Chapter 4 - I love Lucy and she loves me

"Dear heart,
Don't fear what makes you feel."

****************

Lilly's POV

I peeked from over the book in my hands to sneak a look at the guy sitting across of me. He had his elbow pressed over the armrest of the chair, the side of his face pressed against his palm, his eyes focused on the book placed over his lap.

I took into a shaky breath and let my eyes drift back to the book in my hands. One advantage of being stuck in a library; the endless supply of books.

Without thinking, my eyes lifted up again and fell on him, still way too engrossed in his book. One of the disadvantages of being stuck in a library; Me shamelessly checking out Chase with every passing second.

His tongue darted out to lick his lips and I had to force myself not to eye its movement. Shit. I am in trouble, big big trouble. For the first time ever, I have slept by his side, no, not just that, I was wrapped up between his arms...that's how I woke up. The thought alone made my stomach flip, either butterflies or hunger, I couldn't figure out which was which at the moment.

I woke up smelling just like him, his sweater still over my body, providing me some warmth in the midst of this freezing cold. On instinct, my face lowered and I buried my nose in the neck of the sweater. I inhaled and my eyes closed as I raveled in its scent.

My eyelids glided open and the first thing they met was his blue eyes staring back at me. Oh shit. I cleared my throat and slammed my book shut, "I am just cold." I mumbled, explaining why I had my nose buried in his sweater. Damn.

A hint of a smile played over his lips before he turned his attention back to his book, totally unbothered. To run away from my embarrassment, I got to my feet, walked past him and left the room.

I pulled the hoodie over my head and wandered around, in the hopes of finding something to eat or maybe a secret door leading to the outside world. I can go back home, eat a very delicious warm meal and pretend I never was here, never saw Chase and never slept beside him. Sounds great.

Secret door, where are you?

I shivered so I wrapped my arms around my body, blocking the coldness away but nothing worked as I walked down one of the stairs. It took me to the underground floor where a bunch of closed doors welcomed me. There had to be food in this place somewhere. The librarians had to eat lunch. A break room, maybe?

I tried to open them one by one but they all seemed to be locked. Reaching the last door, I twisted the knob and for the first time, the door opened. I gasped lowly and my stomach made weird noises, probably excited and eagerly waiting for its salvation.

I looked inside the very small room, there was a big couch by the wall, on the top of it laid a big blanket. In front of the couch stood one of the oldest TV I've ever seen. Its screen is way too small and it was quite fat from the back. Like really fat. Wow, looks like the ones I see in my mom's old pictures. My eyes drifted across the small room and I almost squealed from happiness when I spotted the very small fridge. I ran as fast as my legs could take me, almost tripping on my short way to the fridge.

I crossed my fingers and opened one of the doors. On the shelf in the middle was a clear Tupperware container of  who-knew-what. Aside from that were two mystery paper bags. On each of them laid a sticky note that said, "Monte's property. DON'T EAT MY FOOD."

Well, sorry Monte. I am starving.

One of the bags had a ham and cheese sandwich inside, the other an apple with a small cupcake and a Greek yogurt cup. My stomach tightened in anticipation as I opened the Tupperware and found spaghetti with veggies. Well, looks like Monte planned a whole day's meal but never got the chance to eat them. Too bad for him.