Chapter 22 - Newsflash dad

"Feelings that come back,
are feelings that never left."

***********

Lilly's POV

Waking up next to Chase, wrapped up in his warm embrace, wearing his clothes and smelling just like him, are things that I can get used to so easily.

But I probably shouldn't, considering in a couple of months, he might not be here for me to do that anymore. Still, that won't stop me from sneaking these pleasurable moments and enjoying them as long as I can.

My fingers gently moved up the side of his neck and made their way to his defined jaw. His light subtle brushed against my fingertips till they reached his soft kissable lips. I traced the lower one with my finger and contemplated on the idea of kissing him. Asleep or not, I really don't care. I've missed him like crazy.

The logical part of my brain argued and flashed the words sexual assault in big red letters. I groaned in annoyance and my fingers resumed their discovery, tracing every little details. They moved up his nose and stopped by the threshold of his eyes.

Sensing my touch, lines formed between his eyebrows before his eyelids slowly glided open. He blinked and I smiled, "Hey," I mumbled.

A sleepy smile pulled up the corner of his lips and my heart ached at how beautiful it is, "Hey," He said back.

He scrunched his eyebrows, "Were you playing with my face?" He asked, his eyes playfully narrowing at me.

I nodded, "I am just memorizing it."

My fingers brushed over his cheek before they went up the area under his eyes, "You-" I couldn't continue my sentence I when a knock on the door interrupted my little heavenly moment.

"Chase, are you awake?" At Katherine's voice, my eyes widened, and when the door opened, I shot up from my laying position.

"I have made-" Her words stopped midway when her eyes fell on me. Her lips still parted, a little bit taken aback by my presence.

She recovered from her shock right away and a small smile curved her lips, "Lilly, I didn't know you were here!"

I gulped down and my heartbeats took off a sprint, "I am not," I stuttered, "Uh, I mean this is not what it looks like, we just...we just slept together," I facepalmed at how that came out, "I mean beside each other, not together, yeah just beside each other you know, that's...that's all."

I swear my back is sweating from the anxious feelings creeping up my spine whereas Chase just chuckled at my embarrassment, pretty much amused. I shot him a hard glare and my gaze flickered again back to Katherine, a teasing smile pulled at her lips and she said, "I made breakfast, you two freshen up and come join me."

She walked away and I buried my face into the pillow. I groaned in frustration, "This is so embarrassing!" I shouted into the pillow, "She caught us in the shower, she caught us in your bed," Another groan rumbled from my throat, "She must think really highly of me!"

Chase's chuckle infuriated me more, "Why are you laughing!" I screamed into the pillow.

His arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me away from the pillow and into his side, "It's just my mom, come on." His eyebrow raised, "She wants this to work more than you and me," He removed the hair that fell over my face away, "If it's by her hand, she'll force us to get married now."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "That would never happen."

He quirked an eyebrow, "Us getting married?" He asked and I nodded.