Chapter 3 - Bad-Boy Fetish

"You don't like him,
you only like the idea of him."

********************

One week later...

Lilly's POV

"Is that a hickey?"

My eyes widened and my heart dropped ten feet under the ground at the sudden question -- that most probably is directed at me.

Swallowing hard, I rested my pen over the notebook and lifted my head up. Pulling the most casual look I could master, I looked Aylin in the eye and shook my head, "Oh no, Max and I were fighting as usual," I mumbled as I nervously rubbed at my neck.

It's been a week since - ahem - my make-out session with that specific someone. The stupid hickey is fading, but still, it left a small mark, and the concealer probably wore off. Damn it.

Aylin's eyebrow raised in question, not satisfied at my answer. My eyes drifted to Chase sitting across me, his eyes supposedly focused on the book ahead of him, a smile threatening to break through his features. He ran his thumb over his lower lip, hiding it.

My jaw tightened and I kicked him in the shin from under the table. It's all his freaking fault. He lifted his head up, his brow arched, and his perfect jaw clenched as a tease fluttered all over his full lips, his blue eyes gleaming as they prowled over me.

I held him with a smoldering glare, silently shutting him up. No one knows about what we shared, and no one needs to know.

My gaze drifted around the table; Conner, Aylin and Sally's focus was thankfully back on writing while Zack's eyes warily drifted from Chase then to me. I gulped, hoping he didn't catch our little moment.

When his eyes met mine, he quirked up a beautiful smile before he went back to writing into his notebook.

I released out a low sigh and dropped my gaze back to the book placed ahead of me. The words I tried to read seemed to blur as thoughts of that night occupied my mind.

I propped my elbows over the table and placed my head in my hands. My eyes pressed shut and I tried to clear my head, which seemed impossible. Ugh. Is there a cure to this after-make-out-session syndrome?

It's driving me insane.

"I think we've got enough info, right?" Conner said making me lift my head up as he huffed out a tired breath and leaned back into his seat, "I am so sick of this," He added, and we all nodded in agreement. It's still first week of school and our teacher gave us this paper to work on.

Even though Chase, Zack and Conner are seniors and me and the girls are still juniors, but we are taking the same history class with Mr. Reonald, and he is so old-school, he refused any information from the internet; our task was to get to the library and gather as much information as we can.

"Yeah, we have been working on this since noon," Zack mumbled, a bored sigh parting his lips as he stood up. He collected some of the books from over the table before he took off.

Aylin said something but I blocked her words as I hurriedly grabbed a couple of books and followed him.

He was checking which stand each book belonged to when I caught up with him. His eyes flickered to me and a beautiful smile lifted the corner of his lips. He placed the book and turned his attention back to me, "So, what are your plans for tonight?" He asked, out of the blue as he leaned against the bookcase. He crossed his arms over his chest, and the muscles in his biceps flexed.