Happy birthday Kenma

𝒪𝒸𝓉𝑜𝒷𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟨𝓉𝒽

"Mr. Kozume? What are you doing here still? Shouldn't you go out to celebrate your birthday?" One of Kozume's game developers calls out to him from his desk. Kozume glances over at the time. It's already nearing 6PM.

He removes the glasses off of his face and pinches his nose bridge.

To be honest, he forgot it was his birthday until he walked into the office with a surprise from his team. Kuroo and Y/N have been oddly quiet. Neither have messaged him a happy birthday but he only assumes that the two are busy with their work.

Turning off his computer, he grabs his phone off his desk and says his goodbyes to his team. A yawn escapes from him when he rides the elevator down to the parking garage. The days have bled together and the lack of sleep is definitely crashing on Kozume.

He lets out a stifled groan when he fishes for his car keys out of his pocket. The moment Kozume sits in the driver seat, he feels a buzz in his pocket. It's a phone call from Kuroo.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIRTHDAY BOY!" Kuroo's loud voice rings out and Kozume pulls his phone away from his ear from Kuroo's booming voice.

"Thanks." Kozume tiredly replies.

"What's wrong? You sound horrible. Have you not been sleeping?"

"Somewhat. I also thought you forgot it was my birthday but I guess I was wrong about that." Kozume switches the call over into his Bluetooth. He then pulls out of his parking spot.

"How could I forget your birthday? Sorry it took me so long to tell you. Works been busy. But now I am all yours. Go home and get dressed. We're partying till midnight." Kuroo lets a warmhearted chuckle, a grin on his face.

The thought of partying out so late makes Kozume shiver. That's the last thing he wants to do right now. He'd prefer the two to just stay inside and order pizza and beers. "Could I take a rain check on the partying? Let's just stay in."

"Fine...I can't tell the birthday boy no. I'll swing by after I change then. See you later."

"Ah, wait." Kozume quickly stops Kuroo from hanging up.

"What's up?"

"Y/N. Has she texted you today? We should invite her too."

A silence is met on Kuroo's end. He exhales with a smile on his face. "Why don't you call her? She'd only tell me no if I were to ask. She'll probably think I'm using you as an excuse to see her."

Kozume's lips turn into a fine line. He grips his steering wheel tightly and nods his head. "Alright. See you later then."

"Yeah, see you!" Kuroo ends the call and Kozume's left in his thoughts. He wonders if Y/N would decline if he were to ask her personally. Kozume wouldn't want to exclude her out on a day like today.