It's been awhile...

"Pudding head, are you even listening to me?" Kuroo speaks loudly over his hair dryer to his phone that sits on the sink counter, his fingers running through his damp hair.

"How could I with the hair dryer?" Kozume murmurs in a low voice. Kuroo faintly hears the sound of a mouse click and a mechanical keyboard being used. Sighing under his breath, he turns off the hair dryer.

His large hand grabs hold of his phone from the sink counter and he flicks the light off. Kuroo gives himself a once look over in the large mirror that hangs on the wall of his bedroom. A devilish smirk forms on his face when he looks at himself. He adjusts the tie around his collar and smooths out his dress pants.

"I look pretty cool for being in my late 20's."

"Is it that hard to admit that you're 28?" The clacking of the keyboard and mouse stops when Kozume raises the phone to his ear. Kuroo grimaces at the mention of his age.

He turns his back from the mirror and exits out of his bedroom. The colors of orange, pink, and yellow pours into his living room. Living in a skyscraper building has the perks of a constant beautiful sight of the sunset.

Typically, Kuroo would love to sit and watch the sun go down but today is an exception.

"Yes it is hard to admit. I have a successful career but nothing else. Everyone around me are either married, having kids, or hooking up with someone. You're the only one who's managed to not change around me Kenma." Kuroo walks over to a side table by the front door. He reaches for his car keys and wallet from the glass tray.

Kozume remains quiet on the other end. He only huffs out a sigh. "No ones rushing you Kuroo. No one but yourself. I'm content with my life."

Kuroo snickers under his breath, nodding his head despite Kozume unable to see him. "I know. I'm my biggest enemy." Kuroo slips on his dress shoes before locking the door behind him. He walks towards the elevator. "Sucks you can't be there for the reunion."

"Mine's next year and I'm not going." Kozume speaks bluntly. The sound of the keyboard and mouse clicks back in action again.

"Not even to see Yamamoto? He'd be hurt to not see you."

"Ugh." Kozume grumbles. His keystrokes are slower. "I might go then. Anyway, you're about to head out right? Don't make a fool of yourself. I'm hanging up now, this raid needs my full attention."

Kuroo doesn't get a chance to say bye when he hears the call drop. He shakes his head with a smile on his face. "That guy."

🏐・゚゚・。.

Kuroo slowly pulls his car into a parking spot outside of Nekoma High. It's been years since he last set foot here. Memories flood him all at once before he's able to even step out of his driver seat.

Someone taps on the window of his car, catching his attention. To his surprise, it's a familiar face and not someone trying to kidnap him for his corvette.