Commitment

𝒯𝓌𝑜 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

"Thanks for coming with me Kenma." Kuroo grips tightly on the steering wheel. Kozume quietly looks out of the window, a blank expression on his face. Of all days, it rains just today out of the week.

"He was my coach too. It would be rude of me not to show up." Kozume quietly speaks up. His eyes cast up towards the grey skies.

Kuroo nods his head, faintly laughing. He was more stressed about seeing Y/N and her family. He's unsure what they've been told after their falling out.

"Are you going to behave yourself?" Kozume speaks up again, his attention now towards Kuroo who's stiff as a board in the driver seat. He slows his car down at a red light. Jaw clenching and lips tight.

"I'm a bit nervous."

"For the funeral or...?" Kozume doesn't utter Y/N's name. After the call he received from Kuroo the night of the reunion, he's wary to say her name aloud. Kuroo never fully explained what happen to the two to Kozume. But Kozume never bothered to pull the details out of him.

His best friend was hurt and he didn't want to further cause him pain by forcing him to speak up on something he didn't want to.

"Y/N." Kuroo says her name weakly with a slight frown. His eyes seem a bit glossy when he thinks about her. "I've put her out of my mind for years and to see her again...everything felt like it was in slow motion. Adding the news of her grandfather passing away, I can't help but hate myself for walking out on her."

Kozume silently listens. His curiosity about their relationship resurfacing.

"Is it safe to ask what happened between you two? Since it's been years?" Kozume speaks carefully. Kuroo presses on the gas pedal again, his speed slow as he's careful of the rain that drizzles on the car.

Kuroo's chest tightens when he tries to recall their relationship. But there's missing pieces to the memories. Those pieces being the most important. He had banished them out of his thoughts and if he didn't force himself to forget, his anger had made him forget about them.

Gripping on the steering wheel and exhaling deeply. Kuroo parts his lips to speak up. "To be honest, I just remember her crying a lot and the two of us shouting words on the last day of our third year. We were going to separate universities after graduation...and."

Kuroo wracks his brain. The reason lied somewhere there in that sentence. The two were going to different universities for their different majors.

"Don't strain yourself to remember Kuroo. It'll come back to you." Kozume notices the scrunched expression Kuroo makes. He looks irritated and troubled all at once.

"Y-Yeah...maybe." Kuroo mutters under his breath.

🏐・゚゚・。.

"Do you need anything to drink? I can go get it for you." Azumane kindly keeps you company at the front of the funeral home. The slight wind and drizzle of the rain really sets the reminder that today is one of the most heartbreaking days of your life.