What do I do?

"Wait." Kuroo's voice is strained and he lowers himself to look at Y/N who's curled into a ball. He carefully lays the bouquet on the sidewalk. Y/N squats on the concrete of the parking lot. The two separated on different platforms.

His hands tremble when he slowly extends them to her shoulders. Giving her shoulders a squeeze, he tries to calm her violent shaking all the while calming his anxiety filled palms. "Did...Did you just say you love me?" His speaks slowly as he tries to process his own question.

"Tetsurō." Y/N speaks sharply. She raises her head to look at him with a tear stained face.

He faintly snickers and apologizes. "Sorry. I know I shouldn't feel really happy. But I am." He releases a sigh of relief. Kuroo casts his eyes to the side and doesn't look at anything specific. "I was afraid there wouldn't be a second chance for me."

Kuroo slowly returns his gaze on you, an innocent smile forms on his face and your tears momentarily stop. You're in awe at the sweet expression he makes in front of you.

"I love you too Y/N." He sweetly says these words to you.

The sentence sends a jolt to your heart and you're left feeling bittersweet. You didn't know whether you should give into the happiness. The situation with Kozume still lingered in the air.

"We'll figure this out together. Of course I'm sure you understand that not all three of us will come out happy in the end. Kenma will be hurt no matter what we do. But, let's go hear him out. I'm sure he's wondering what's taking us so long. Or maybe he's thankful for the moment of quietness to himself." Kuroo picks up his bouquet and extends a hand out to you when he stands on his feet.

You carefully place your hand in his and he firmly squeezes your hand before lifting you up. You expect Kuroo to release your hand after helping you up. But, Kuroo laces his fingers with yours and quietly walks you towards the izakaya.

Neither of you say a word.

Your hearts are full and there's a weight lifted off your chest.

The feelings you two ended ten years ago never really stopped and you feel a sense of relief. Even if it's momentarily.

The way your hand fits perfectly in his causes your heart to skip.

You selfishly enjoy this moment before anticipating the events that will escalate in the izakaya.

🏐・゚゚・。.

"Hello, I reserved a table for three earlier this week under the name Kenma." Kozume enters the izakaya with his mind a mess. He feels nauseous and scared all at once. When Y/N confronted him about his feelings, the first thing he thought of was to run away.

"Follow me this way." The host forms a gentle smile at Kozume. He then leads him towards a table that's secluded from the others. A sliding divider door separates Kozume from the rest of the restaurant. Originally Kozume reserved this seating for the three to enjoy their time together without other patrons chatters invading theirs.