Phone call

"Mr. Kozume, what do you think about the progression in this section of the story so far?" One of the writers call out to Kozume from one section of the office. Kozume excuses himself from the digital artist team to attend to the writer. He walks from one end of the office to the other.

Kozume's rented an empty office for a year for the development of his videogame. This way everyone who's working on the game has a set location to meet up and work together. Originally the plan was for everyone to work from home but Kozume feared procrastination would grow over time.

His eyes glance at a computer screen full of dialogue.

September is long gone and October is now here. Time seems to move quickly but so has the development of the game. Despite it not being the first person fighter game he dreamed of, he's still putting 100% into this game. As cheesy as the game is.

It still baffles him that he's publishing a dating simulator.

"Do I really act like this?" Kozume points to the dialogue where he doesn't hear the player because his entire focus is on a video game. "I feel like I would notice the player."

"Well, this is just the second half of the game where the two of you aren't as close yet." The writer consoles Kozume. "You'll notice their presence later on."

Kozume's lip forms a fine line. He tries to recall old memories of when he first met Kuroo and Y/N. Maybe there was a time where he would accidentally ignore the two while he was engrossed in video games. Now that he thinks about it, he's positive it happened before.

"Mr. Kozume!" The digital artist group calls out to him and he excuses himself from the writer to walk back over to them. Kozume continues to go back and forth around the office to aid his development team throughout the day.

His stamina lately hasn't been the greatest from the lack of sleep but he pushes through.

🏐・゚゚・。.

You've been cooped up inside your house ever since the materials for Kozume's suit arrived at the office two days ago. Your boss doesn't question your absence in the office and you only assume it's because of the project you're working on. Whatever amount Kozume promised your boss must've been a pretty penny if you could work from home.

With your mind too focused on work, you hardly astray to the thoughts of Azumane. This is probably the longest time the two of you haven't spoken to one another. Eventually the two of you would have to speak again. You didn't like this uncomfortable situation in your friendship. On the other hand, you also have to speak to Kuroo.

You stop the sewing machine the moment your mind grows heavy. Standing up from your seat, you stretch and exhale. You walk over to your fridge to grab a drink but stop when you look at the calendar beside it.

A red circle is drawn on the calendar.

'October 16th. Kenma's 28th birthday. 🥳'