Puppy love

Kozume and Kuroo step out onto the balcony to get some fresh air and for Kozume to have a clear mind before he publishes his post on all social media platforms.

One of his members from the game development team sent a screen shot of Kozume's name trending on Tweeter. The photo only makes Kozume groan in response.

"What now?" Kuroo curiously looks over at Kozume's phone. Not caring anymore, Kozume hands his phone over to Kuroo. Quietly, Kozume runs both hands through his hair.

"This day feels like an eternity." Kozume grumbles under his breath. Kuroo knits his brows together and gently pats Kozume's back, extending his phone back to him. Kozume takes his phone and slides it into his pocket.

"It'll be all over once you clarify things. I'm sure your silence is just making them more anxious." Kuroo pulls his hand back from Kozume and slides them into his pockets. A silence drifts into their conversation. "How about we return to the topic we spoke about in the kitchen before Asahi came over?"

Kozume's face pales slightly from Kuroo's words but he shrugs and doesn't defy the suggestion.

"Where did we leave off at?" Kozume folds his arms on top of the balcony railing. His eyes gaze out at the many buildings in Tokyo. A breeze flows through causing his hair to flutter wildly.

"You mentioned her heart? But I'm fine with you speaking what's on your mind. I'm here to listen to you Kenma." Kuroo turns around to lean his back against the rail, his eyes stare up at the bottom of the upstairs neighbors balcony.

Kozume remains quiet for a moment. He debates whether he should start from the very beginning or just summarize how his feelings got to where they are right now. Discussing his feelings for Y/N might relieve this pent up weight he's carried around. But he's hesitant to since the very person who's hearing him out is the man Y/N will most likely be with. He doesn't want to make Kuroo feel guilty on his behalf.

"What are you thinking Kenma?" Kuroo turns to look at Kozume's blank face and troubled eyes.

"If I should really tell you or not. I don't want my feelings to conflict with yours." Kozume speaks nonchalantly. His eyes gaze over to Kuroo's hazel ones.

Kuroo wears a smug grin, a look of confidence. "Trust me Kenma, whatever you say won't waver my feelings for her. I will only hate myself for being the one who's taking the person you feel so strongly for."

Kozume's lips form a thin line. He stares at Kuroo with a tense gaze before dropping his eyes down. "My feelings for Y/N...it must've happened sometime in middle school. Probably during summer vacation when you left to visit your extended family back in the countryside."

Kuroo's brows raises from the mention of his vacation trip out of Tokyo. He faintly remembers the memory. "Didn't Y/N cry a lot when the two of you said your goodbyes to me that summer? Or...wait a minute. You cried too!" Kuroo stands upright and points at Kozume.

"Shut up. Why did you remember that detail specifically." Kozume puckers his lips out, giving Kuroo a look of embarrassment.