Be selfish Y/N

"Y/N?" A hand waves in front of your face. You returned to the office after two months of absence. Working from the comfort of your home for this project has definitely spoiled you.

You're finding yourself nodding to sleep at your desk. Technically, you're still working on the project until the end of December but you wanted to at least inform your boss about the progression before heading back home.

However, your boss has yet to come into work this morning. Azumane pokes your cheek with the end of his pen, startling you. Sitting up right and fluttering away your heavy eyelids, you look over to Azumane.

"Did you not get any sleep last night?" Azumane chuckles from your surprised reaction. Rubbing your eyes, you shake your head. "I had a busy day yesterday." A yawn escapes from your lips. "We had a recording for Kenma's game and it was Tetsurō's birthday as well."

Azumane nods in understanding. "Wanna go grab some coffee? It's been awhile."

You glance at the clock that reads 10AM. Shrugging, you nod along to Azumane's suggestion. You grab your purse off your desk and place it over your shoulder. Azumane and you leave the office together. Hopefully by the time you two come back, your boss should be in his office.

Azumane lets you step in the elevator first before entering after you. A silence looms between the two of you.

"Something on your mind?" Azumane carefully speaks his thoughts aloud. His eyes focus on the elevator numbers going down on the screen beside the doors. You purse your lips in response. Azumane can still figure you out even though the two of you have been absent from one another.

Relaxing your tight shoulders, you exhale. Your fingers run through your hair messily. "A lot, actually." You flick your eyes over to Azumane with a weak smile. "Is it okay if I tell you about it?"

The corner of Azumane's lips curl into a smile. He glances at his watch. "My time is yours Y/N. You know that." He chuckles dryly from how cheesy he sounds and you playfully roll your eyes, nudging his shoulder with your elbow.

"We only have 30 minutes for this break. Let's be realistic Asahi." The two of you exit the elevator with laughter.

🏐・゚゚・。.

With your hot caramel frappuccino in hand, you and Azumane find two bar stool chairs at the front of the café away from the other patrons in the shop. You take a sip of your frappuccino, gazing out of the window. Azumane quietly looks out and patiently waits for you to voice your thoughts.

"This is a bit difficult to talk about since the situation is similar to yours." Your lips part slightly when you begin to speak. Lowering your eyes down, you rub your thumb in circular motion against the drink.

Azumane raises an eyebrow, tilting his head. Nibbling on your bottom lip, you sigh. "Kenma...I found out he likes me. Or well, loves me. Probably for years now."

A moment of surprise flashes on Azumane's face. His eyes widen when he hears the news but he remains quiet.