She was ready for forever

Kuroo remains quiet the entire time Kozume's reflected on the past memory. Kozume grows shy and flustered when he finishes the story. He nervously looks over at Kuroo who's hiding his face with his palm.

The tips of Kuroo's ears redden and his shoulders shiver.

Kozume raises an eyebrow at Kuroo's reaction.

Lowering his hand from his face, Kuroo nibbles on his bottom lip with a flushed face. "That's the cutest shit I've ever heard." Kuroo's words stumble out of his lips. "I'm envious but I have to admit, that's a cute memory you two shared."

Kozume exhales and rolls his eyes playfully. "That night was most likely the start of my feelings for Y/N. My feelings for her slowly but gradually formed but I was too ignorant to the emotions. I only began to accept what these feelings were when it was too late."

"Because of me." Kuroo's words are heavy and a silence follows after.

"It's fine though. I was genuinely happy for the both of you. Hurt, but I have no one to blame but myself for realizing too late. I planned to keep these feelings to myself forever but..." Kozume eyes Kuroo and the two share a gaze. "I can't hide anything from you it seems." The corner of his lips curl into a smile and Kuroo let's out an exasperated sigh.

"No you cannot." Kuroo smirks and wholeheartedly chuckles. His laughter falls short and the two share a comfortable silence. "Are you not going to tell her how you feel at all? Maybe she'll have a change of heart. Your feelings might--"

"No." Kozume cuts Kuroo off. "I know how important she is to you Kuroo. You need her just as much as she might need you." Kozume's golden cat-like eyes stare through Kuroo. "I'm positive Y/N still loves you. She was ready to be your forever ten years ago. I'm sure that hasn't changed ten years later."

Kuroo's jaw drops slightly when he listens to Kozume's reasoning. A distant look forms on Kozume's face but he forces on a small smile. "She's just playing hard to get. So don't give up." Kozume clenches his teeth and buries his hands into his pockets.

Silence is the only response Kuroo can form when he looks at Kozume's melancholy expression. His shoulders droop and the forced smile falters. The sound of the balcony screen door opens, catching Kozume's attention instantly.

"Kenma! Since you're here, can I show you the tuxedo? It's finished. It might distract your mind from todays fiasco." Y/N wears a gentle smile when she eyes Kozume. Kuroo watches Kozume's expression soften up when he stares at Y/N. A genuine smile forms on Kozume's face when he nods.

Y/N flicks her eyes over to Kuroo. "You should come inside too. The two of you have been out here for too long without a coat." She narrows her eyes on Kuroo with a look of disappoint before turning around to grab Kozume's suit from under her bed.

Kozume holds the screen door for Kuroo before stepping back inside the warmth of the apartment studio. "Where's Asahi?" Kozume notices that it's only Y/N inside.

She pulls out a large box from under her bed and brings it over to the coffee table in her little living room area. "He had to go back to the office."

Kuroo and Kozume both sit down on the sofa and Y/N slowly lifts the lid off the box in a dramatic way. "Ta-da!" She smiles from ear to ear when the tuxedo is revealed before them. Kuroo and Kozume sit on the edge of the sofa to marvel at the stitching of the tux.

"You really made this yourself?" Kuroo is speechless when he carefully takes the tux out of the box. Kozume gingerly holds the bottoms while Kuroo holds the top.

"Oh wow. The material is really light." Kozume is amazed when he holds the bottoms that feel like absolutely nothing.

You brighten at his compliment. "I made sure that the material is breathable for you. Even though the recording of the scene will be taken indoors away from the sun and nonpotential of heat because we're in winter. I still wanted you to feel comfortable in it incase you have to take several shots over and over in the outfit."

"You're always thinking about others, aren't you?" Kuroo flashes you a smile when he lowers the top back into the box. You grow shy from his words, averting your eyes from him. Puckering your lips out, you murmur. "The clients comfortability is always on the top of my list."

Kozume smiles when he places the bottoms back in the box. You neaten up the tuxedo before putting the lid over it.

"What about the dress? Could we see that?" Kozume looks around the apartment to see if the dress is placed somewhere in plain sight. You shake your head and settle the tuxedo box on Kozume's lap.

"I'm still working on it. You'll see it when it's complete." You firmly answer him.

Kuroo and Kozume glance at one another and shrug. "Looks like you have to wait Kenma. Y/N isn't one to budge when she's made up her mind."

"Looks like it." Kozume stifles a chuckle.

"Anyway, here is the photo album. Take your pick on the photos." You present a photo album between Kozume and Kuroo after sitting next to Kozume's left side. Kozume carefully opens the album and the first photo he sees is a photo of you three in elementary.

"Woah, these are super old photos." Kuroo speaks in surprise when he scans the images. The three of you travel down memory lane late into the evening when you all reminiscence the more peaceful times in your lives.

The comforting sound of laughter warms your heart when you share the remainder of the day with Kuroo and Kozume. You forget about social media just for a brief moment when you focus on your time with the ones who matter more than strangers accusing you of being someone you're not.