Fated encounter

"Ms. Y/L/N, there's another flower delivery for you today." One of your interns arrive with a bouquet in her hand. You hold back the eye roll you're crying to make. It's one thing to send flowers to someone, but it's another thing when you've never told Kuroo where you worked.

"Thank you." You force a smile on for your intern. You take the bouquet from her hands and place it next to the other bouquets you've received the last five days.

Azumane lets out a yawn when he returns from his meeting. His eyes widen briefly when he sees Y/N rearranging her desk with another bouquet. "Did Kuroo send another one today?"

Nodding your head, you lower your hands to your lap and stare at the collection you've piled on your desk. By the start of the next week you'll drown in flowers.

"How long are you going to ignore him for Y/N? I think he's getting desperate for your attention." Azumane lightheartedly chuckles. He takes a seat beside you at his desk. Pursing your lips, you cross your arms and sigh. "It's not that I'm purposely ignoring him. The rooster never attached his phone number to any of the cards and I'm still thrown off on how he found out I work here." You scan todays bouquet for a handwritten card.

"I won't stop sending these flowers until you respond Y/N. 😠 I hope no one has a flower allergy. - Tetsurō"

Azumane reaches for the card out of your hand and snickers when he reads it.

"Ms. Y/L/N. You have a call on ext. two." Your intern from earlier calls out to you from across your desk. You thank her before picking up the call.

"Y/L/N Y/N, speaking."

"Ah, Y/N. I'm glad you're in the office still. I have a work proposal but I was too nervous to speak to your boss." A familiar low quiet voice speaks to you over the phone. Raising an eyebrow, you tilt your head slightly.

"Kenma?"

"Oh. Right. I should've introduced myself first. Well, good thing you already know it's me." His voice doesn't sound apologetic and he continues to speak. "You're not busy are you? Could you come meet me for lunch?"

Thrown off by Kozume's offer, you close your eyes and pinch your nose bridge. It's not like Kozume to speak so much at once either.

Is Kuroo putting him up to this?

"Um, let's backtrack the conversation a bit Kenma. You said you have a work proposal for me? I'm booked up right now with my current projects so if it's something immediate, you'll have to talk to my boss."

"Hmm..." Kozume murmurs lowly. You can visualize his slight frown and the bothersome look on his face. "Money works on your boss, right?"

Your brows furrow together, flabbergasted. With your jaw slightly ajar, Azumane closes it for you. He watches you with an adoring and curious expression.