A proposal

Azumane drives the two of you out of the busy pace of Tokyo to the outskirts with a view of the city in the horizon. The still air and silence away from the busy noises of the city eases your flurried emotions.

The two of you step out of Azumane's car. You meet in the middle, sitting on the hood of his sedan car. The gentle breeze of the wind blows through your hair, making it flutter behind your shoulder. You inhale deeply with closed eyes.

Azumane looks over at Y/N with a small smile when he sees her slowly relax. Her shoulders loosening up and no longer full of tension.

The crisp air fills your lungs and you slowly begin to feel much better. Slowly, you open your eyes and turn to look over at Azumane.

"Feel better?" He speaks in a soft tone, his large hand meeting the top of your head to stroke your hair effortlessly. Gazing at Azumane in silence, you feel thankful for his presence. If he was never by your side, you'd probably lock yourself up in your apartment for days.

You slowly reach to grab his hand that strokes your hair. "Yeah. Thank you, Asahi." Your hand gives his large one a firm squeeze. Azumane nods his head, lowering his outstretched hand down to his side. He buries his hands into his dress pants pockets. The two of you turn your attention forward to see the scenery before you.

A comfortable silence is shared. But you break it shortly after.

"Asahi?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think ten years is enough time for someone to change completely?"

Azumane turns to look at Y/N's casted expression, her eyes are so lonely.

"Are we talking about Kuroo?" Azumane scoots a bit closer to Y/N. The sudden mention of Kuroo bothered him now. But he couldn't make this situation about his own feelings, not yet. "Appearance wise, it's easy for someone to change. But the way they speak and carry themselves can slowly change." Azumane releases a sigh under his breath, he rolls his shoulders and stares up at the cloudy sky.

"Take me for example. I'm not super sensitive as I was back then. Not every single comment thrown my way makes me depressed."

You turn to look at Azumane, a small smile growing on your face. "The competitive scene of the fashion industry has made you stronger."

Azumane softly chuckles. His slender fingers run through his luscious locks. You watch him downcast his eyes, causing his hair to cover his face from you. With a more serious and low tone, Azumane speaks again. "We've all changed Y/N. No matter how small or big, we've changed. Despite the circumstances of how the two of you reunited, you should give him a second chance. Of course only if you want to. Don't do so because I said so. You're your own person Y/N."

Nibbling your bottom lip, you turn your gaze down to your lap. You recall the moment you shared with Kuroo alone in the funeral home. His frown and the tears that stained his face. He didn't hide that fragile part of himself from you.