In all honesty

"Y/N?" Azumane groggily rubs his eyes when he greets you at his front door. You notice his loose tie and sloppy dress shirt that covers his chest. The dark circles under his eyes are alarming. With the two of you busy with your own projects, you only cross paths in greetings at the office.

You decide to drop by to visit him after leaving Kuroo's place. Seeing Kozume and Kuroo together made you miss Azumane.

Extending your hand towards Azumane's face, you gently stroke under his eyes. "Have you been pulling all nighters?"

Azumane startles awake from your gentle touch. He blinks several times, clearing his throat. "N-No."

Narrowing your eyes on his face, Azumane falters a bit. He quickly dodges your stare, forcing his eyes down to the floor beneath his feet. You gently nudge yourself inside, slipping past him. Azumane silently closes the door behind you.

"What brings you here at this hour?" Azumane notices Y/N still in her formal attire. "Did you just get off work?"

Nodding your head, you raise the bag Azumane hasn't noticed yet. "I brought your favorite." You smile from ear to ear. Azumane's face brightens and he tugs you over to the dining table after you take your heels off, eager to eat. He's forgotten how hungry he is until Y/N's mentioned food.

You snicker when you see Azumane's bright eyed expression. He sits patiently while you take a hot container out of the bag. You lift the lid off of the container, revealing Azumane's favorite meal.

Tonkotsu ramen.

He claps his hands together and thanks you for the food, accepting the chopsticks you extend to him. He's too eager to eat and completely ignores the spoon you extend out to him. Shaking your head with a smile, you place the spoon in his bowl.

You prop your elbow on the table and rest your cheek in your palm. A feeling of peace comforts you when you watch Azumane happily enjoy his meal.

The silence from you catches his attention. He slows his chewing and notices that you're not eating. Swallowing what's in his mouth, he lowers his chopsticks to speak up. "Are you not eating?"

"I only bought the ramen for you, Asahi." A giggle escapes your lips when you watch his expression fall. He twirls some ramen into the spoon and extends it to you.

"Here, eat. I'm sure you're hungry too."

Shaking your head, you urge him to enjoy his food. Azumane purses his lips, unsure if she's being genuine about not wanting to eat the ramen. After the silent stare down, Azumane gives in and continues to eat.

"You still didn't answer my question. Is something on your mind? Your surprise visits usually happen if you're bothered." Azumane sips on the broth, his eyes focused on you.

Shyly lowering your eyes down to the table, you twirl the end of your hair around your finger.