Unexplainable

Azumane adjusts the glasses on his nose, peering away from his laptop to check on Y/N. She's been quiet since they've arrived at his studio apartment. Her head rests on her folded arms on the table. A frown etching deep on her face.

Quietly exhaling under his breath, Azumane closes his laptop and pushes it to the side. Y/N seems to hear his shuffling in front of her.

Raising your head up, you look across the table at Azumane.

"Are you done already?" You reach for his laptop to look over his designs but he stops you. His large hand gently holds onto your wrist, setting it back down on the table.

"We have to talk." Azumane speaks softly. He gets up from his seat to grab something for you two to drink.

Pursing your lips, you sit up straight and watch the tall man walk away. You take your scrunchie out of your bun, letting your hair fall. With a sigh, you run your fingers through your hair. "Do we have to?"

Azumane beckons you to come sit on the sofa with two bottles of green tea in his hands. Not seeing that you have a choice, you slide out of the chair you're sitting in and slowly make your way over to him. Once he sees you settled in your spot, he extends the cool green tea bottle in your hand. You appreciate the cold sensation against your hot skin. Twisting the cap, you sip a bit of the tea.

"So...about Kuroo." Azumane shifts in his spot. He takes off his glasses and sets it down on the coffee table in front of you two. He turns to look at you with gentle eyes. "I know you don't like him very much."

"I don't like him at all." You correct Azumane.

"Okay, at all." Azumane chuckles lightly. "But, I hate seeing you act so coldly to someone. He is your childhood friend and I think he's the very person you need right now. He's probably the only person you can talk to your grandfather about."

You grimace at the thought. Your brows furrow together in annoyance.

Azumane carefully places a hand to your head. The knit brows on your face relaxes when you look over at the goatee long haired man who's trying his best to comfort you. "I don't want you to pent up your emotions about your grandfather. Share your memories of him with someone who's also been there. This is one thing your best friend can't do for you. Sorry, Y/N." He wears an apologetic smile.

You sigh in defeat. Knowing Azumane is right.

But.

You didn't know how to feel about Kuroo. It's been ten long years since you last spoke and saw one another. Your last conversation was full of shouting and tears. And he was the one that walked away from it all.

Why should you allow him to come back so easily?

Of course you wanted to put a front when you saw him. Kuroo shouldn't get everything he wants so easily. Even though it seems like he's pretty well off from what you saw him wear.