A tuxedo and wedding dress

Kozume waves the two of you over when you both step inside the French style café. The regal theme of the café makes you uncomfortable. You can't imagine how much they will charge for a cup of tea or even coffee.

"Glad to see you make it Y/N." Kozume motions his hand for you to take a seat across from him. You reach for the chair but Kuroo quickly pulls the chair out for you. A goofy grin is plastered on his face when he does so.

Pursing your lips, you eye the chair before sitting down. "About this project...is it okay if Tetsurō hears about it?" You slip the strap of your purse off of your shoulder and settle it on your lap. Kuroo helps himself to the chair beside you.

You're not surprised at this point at his eagerness to regaining the time you both lost. His excitement reminds you of a puppy who's missed their owner all day.

"Yeah, it's fine. Kuroo would've found out anyway since we talk often." A waiter comes by with drinks that Kozume's already ordered ahead of time. Three peach iced teas and a three tier dessert sampler.

Your eyes sparkle from the adorable tiny bite sized desserts. The colors are bright and can instantly brighten anyone's mood. But you try to focus on the topic at hand.

Averting your eyes away from the dessert, you clear your throat and roll your shoulders. Getting distracted will only lag you longer here. "Now that I'm here, can you discuss what this urgent project is?"

Kozume places a pink macaron on the tiny plate in front of you. "Eat first and I'll explain." His straightforward actions continue to throw you off but because he is a client and not a friend right now, you couldn't object him. Timidly nodding, you pick up the macaron.

Kozume and Kuroo help themselves to the different desserts as well. You eat quietly to yourself, casting your eyes down to not look at them. Spending time like this reminds you of the happier days. You don't dwell on your thoughts for long when the fresh flavor of strawberries and cream melt on your tongue.

With your guard down, a smile forms on your face with wavering eyes. Kuroo is more attentive to Y/N's expressions than to the dessert he hasn't taken a bite out of yet. Kozume stifles his low chuckle when he notices Y/N try to hide her expression with a blank one.

"You don't have to act so stiff in front of us Y/N. We're friends." Kozume states his words as a fact and you awkwardly purse your lips. Kuroo extends his hand and offers the lavender macaron he holds between his fingers.

"You've always had a sweet tooth Y/N." A gentle smile reflects in your eyes and you find yourself growing shy.

Ignoring his macaron, you turn to look at Kozume. "Can we please talk about the project now?"

Kuroo sighs under his breath quietly, shrugging his shoulders to brush the coldness Y/N's given him. Guilt clouds your mind but you push it away. Kozume swallows the dessert he's eating and nods his head.

He reaches for his phone that's resting beside him. His fingers tap and slide on his phone screen. He then extends his phone over to you, showing you a rough sketch of what looks like a game title. Kuroo curiously leans forward to look at the screen. You hear his munching right by your ear with how close he is.