Back to square one

Locking your car door, you slowly stand in front of the skyscraper building that towers over you, eyeing the tall building. Your eyes then lower back to the parking lot you're in. You spot several luxury cars. Feeling out of place is an understatement to how odd you feel being here.

Two weeks has passed and Kozume managed to find a day for the two of you to meet up. Instead of going over to his place, he texted you to drop by Kuroo's. You didn't want to question the meeting location. The two have always been close so it's not unusual for the two to hang out on a regular basis.

You envied them a bit.

Their friendship is unbreakable.

Not their jobs or time will stop them from visiting one another frequently. You wonder if the same would happen to you and Azumane if the two of you parted ways after university and were never hired at the same agency.

Feeling that you've idled a bit too long in the parking lot, you hurry inside the building. A guard greets you.

"Hello miss. May I ask for your name?"

You hold back the eyebrow raise that itches to form on your face. It's not weird for the guard to ask this kind of question. There must be elite celebrities living in this building. He's only doing his job to protect the ones who live here.

He follows up with another question after asking his previous one.

You answer his questions and silently watch him tap away on his computer. The sound of the elevator door opens and he points over to the elevator. "Have a good evening Ms. Y/L/N"

"Thank you." Quietly whispering to the guard, you bow to him before walking over to the elevator. You then realize you're unsure which floor Kuroo is in. But your eyes catch sight of a number being lit automatically.

The doors then close and you're slowly riding the elevator up.

You can't help but be amazed at this type of technology.

After a short ride on the elevator, the elevator slowly comes to a stop and the doors open again. You timidly step out, anticipating several options of doors for you to guess which one belonged to Kuroo before texting him. Luckily, there is a single door in the quiet hallway.

Kuroo has an entire floor of the building to himself.

How much does this man make?

You can't imagine ever becoming this filthy rich in your entire life. As you approach the door, you hear two voices.

"Do you think she got lost? It's taking her awhile to get here." Kuroo looks over to Kozume who shrugs, a look of indifference. "I'm sure the guard is holding her up." Kozume mutters.