Jongjoong (angst with fluff at the end) ~I need you for me~ pt.2

Jongho trudged his way through his house, arriving at the kitchen when hearing humming coming from there.

"Hey sweetie" his mom says cheerfully. She was currently cooking tonight's dinner which was going to be kimchi fried rice. "How was your d- oh." She stopped in her tracks, looking at her son's face to see that it held such a glum and depressing expression. "Ohh what's the matter baby?" she asked, concerned.  Jongo took a seat at the kitchen island, setting his bag down and huffing out, putting his head in his hands.

"I screwed up mom. I hurt Joong."

His mother sighed softly, taking off her apron and joining the seat next to her son. She placed a hand on his back and started rubbing it in circles.

"Baby what happened?"

Jongho didn't know why, but at those words, he started to cry, his hands that held his face now catching his tears.

"G-God I messed up. I hurt him m-mom. I d-didn't mean to do it. I wasn't t-thinking. God I'm so stupid" Jongho spewed out as he continued to sob.

"You're not stupid baby, not at all" his mom said, allowing the boy to get out all he needed.

Once Jongho finally collected his self and concluded that no more tears were going to run out, he further explained.

"We were walking from his last class and we went to my locker. I was putting my books up, when I heard him call me. The next thing I know, he's kissing me. I panicked and dragged him to where no one would see us. I was so...angry at him. He knew how I was about this whole thing and he decided to risk that. I asked him..... more like yelled to him, why couldn't he be patient and understanding. Then my stupid mouth let out those stupid words.. 'You're making it more difficult' If I could take those words back, I would. I swear mom. I was just so mad at him. I tried to make it better but I didn't even know what to say to do that, but my stupid self surely knew what to say to mess it up. He walked away from me but not before telling me off, but I deserved it. I don't even know how to explain it, he was mad, frustrated, and sad all at the same time, but he didn't even yell at me. And that made me feel even more pathetic, I yelled at him but he didn't even try to raise his voice at me. I guess the sad had taken over way more than the other emotions did. If you saw the look on his face, your heart would have shattered like mine. His eyes were wet with tears, but dull at the same time, how does that even happen?" Jongho lets out a deep sigh. "The next thing I knew, he was gone, out of my line of vision. I wanted to chase after him so bad, I really really did, but I know he needs his space. I hate that that happened. I just want to take it all back." Jongho had sighed once more, digging his hands through his hair, scratching at his scalp.

His mother waited a few minutes before gathering what she wanted to say.

"You said you wanted him to understand you right?"

Jongho nodded solemnly not looking up to face his mom.

"You have to also understand him too Jongho. It has to go both ways and in my opinion, I think Hongjoong has been understanding of you. I know what he did was sudden and all and was a risk, but he loves you and I know for a fact that you love him. So...maybe try understanding him more like he's tried understanding you. You guys have known each other for so long, dating four months now as well.  Understand where he's coming from too. After months, of course he doesn't want everything you two do to be a secret. Not many people would be so willing to wait for their partner as much as how Hongjoong has. He wants to show you off baby. Just like how I always wanted to show your father off." She chuckled at the beautiful memory. "What I'm saying is, you have to understand him too. You both have to understand each other. I know you're not accepting this yet, and I'm sure he'll wait as long as he needs to, but make it as easy as you can for him, as he has made some things easier for you. Remind him that you're grateful for him and that you appreciate what he's done for you over these past years. Just talk to him" she concludes, patting her son on his head in encouragement.

Jongho looked up for the first time since his mom spoke to him. He looked at her and immediately hugged her, squeezing her tight and thanking her over and over again. She let out a soft laugh and patted her son on the head once more.

"Of course baby. Now go make it right with your boyfriend" she said while pulling her son away from her slightly, giving him a warm smile.

Without hesitation, Jongho ran out the front door, but not before grabbing his phone, and ran his way to Hongjoong's house.

When he arrived at his front door, he took a moment to collect his self before ringing the doorbell. After about 30 seconds, the door slowly opened, revealing a short male in dark gray sweatpants and a loose, baby blue long-sleeved shirt.

"Jongho? What are you doing here?"

Jongho didn't respond but instead hugged his boyfriend tightly, as if he were afraid that he would float away from him.

"I'm so sorry Joongie" he said in the crook of the other's shoulder, sounding a bit muffled, and gasping from the lack of air since he ran all the way here. "I'm sorry for everything." Hongjoong was kind of stuck in his place, not knowing how to react. He slowly slipped out of Jongho's grasp.

"Let's go to my room so we can have more privacy in case somebody comes home." the shorter suggested. The other nodded eagerly, following him to his bedroom.

Once the two got into the room, Hongjoong closed the door and sat on the side edge of his bed, his arms crossed, looking a bit irritated. The taller hesitantly joined him in his place right next to him.

"You have five minutes Jongho" he said seriously.

"Okay" Jongho lets out a sigh. "I want to say first that you have no idea of how sorry I am. When you kissed me out in the open like that, I couldn't think of anything else but to hide. I know I shouldn't have said those things to you. I was upset with you to be honest because you, out of everybody, know the most. I've been trying to become more accepting of who I am and it has been hard, but you've helped me. You made me realize that these feelings are normal, that it's okay to like the same sex, that it doesn't make me disgusting or any less of a human. Your love for me allowed for me to express my love for you, even if it has been in private.  I'm sorry that I said that you made things difficult for me, even though we both know that it's not the truth. If anything, you made me feel like I'm free. I said that you weren't trying to understand me, but somebody wise told me that it's me who needs to be understanding as well. You've tried so hard with me, and have continued to keep trying. I guess I was so caught up in my own things that I didn't focus on your needs, what you wanted, your point of view. And for that, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for putting you through that but I promise you I'll try, I'll try to accept myself more. I just need you to keep being by my side like you always have been, I need you for me Joong." Jongho eyes were welling up, hoping to not let any tears fall, but to no avail.

The other was quite stunned at the confession, but it ultimately made his heart flutter with happiness. Hongjoong reached out one hand and grabbed Jongho's. He used his other hand and wiped Jongho's tears away with the pad of his thumb, leaving his hand to rest on the other's cheek. He looked in Jongho's eyes, seeing the sincerity of his lover's words. He set his hand down and slowly pulled the taller into a hug, with Jongho's head in Hongjoong's chest, while the shorter wrapped his arms around the latter's broad shoulders. Sniffles could be hear coming from the younger, as he continued to cry. Hongjoong began to stroke his boyfriend's head and kissed him on the top of it, leaving the kiss there for a bit longer than usual.

"I know Jongie, I know" the older said, continuing to stroke the other's hair.

"I love you so much Joong. Thank you for being here for me."

"I'll always be here for you Jongho and that's a promise. I love you so much too."

Jongho sat up, looking at Hongjoong's eyes, lips and back at his eyes, with a questioning look.  The older smiled sweetly and nodded. The two got closer and closer to each other until the space between them was no more. The kiss was short but loving, not wanting it to get too heated, just wanting it to be a kiss of each other's appreciation.

They decided to lay down on the bed with Hongjoong holding Jongho and with the younger clinging on to Joong's small body.

"I meant what I said Joong, I promise I'll try."