Seongjoong (angst, fluff) ~Burglar~ pt.1

Hongjoong entered his apartment, extremely exhausted. He had been working really late shifts lately because a lot of his co-workers would call out at the last minute. It annoyed the everlasting hell out of him, but at least he would get paid, so he couldn't complain too much about it.

He kicked off his shoes at the front door and took of his jacket, hanging it up on the coat rack. He sighed heavily, running his hands through his soft light brown hair.

He lived in his apartment by himself so it was always quiet. He would rarely have friends come over, the few friends he did have, because sometimes it just made him feel uncomfortable. Don't get him wrong, he loved his friends, but he wasn't all too social. The only person he allowed to come over was his friend, Seonghwa. He was the only person he could be comfortable around entirely, but it could get awkward sometimes. It was really because Hongjoong had a really strong liking towards the older man. But was he going to ever admit it? Probably not. He really valued that friendship, and possibly screwing it up because of his feelings wasn't an option. Luckily for Hongjoong, he hid his feelings for the other really well.

After Hongjoong got out of the shower and put on some cozy clothing and went into the kitchen to try to find him something to eat. He wasn't necessarily broke but money was a little tight right now due to him having to fix a broken pipe which costed damn near $300.

He started searching through the cabinets to find his go to instant meal, ramen noodles. It didn't take him long to cook his cheap meal and chow down on it like a pig. He quickly washed his dishes and made his way to his room. Once he was in his bedroom, he shuffled inside of his bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth before he turned in for the night. After he had finished that, he went back into his bedroom, setting his glasses down on his bedside table, and plopped himself in his big comfy bed.

Hongjoong laid himself down, tossing and turning to get into a better position. As tired as he was, for some reason, he couldn't go to sleep. This was a reoccurring thing and it was quite irritating for him. Just tired and not being able to close his eyes for long enough before he opens them not even 2 minutes later.

He retrieved his phone from the side of him, getting hit with the bright light of the screen in contrast to the darkness that surrounded the room. He decided to go on Youtube, in hopes that it would eventually tire his eyes out. The male would always do this whenever he couldn't sleep, and for the most part, it would work.

While searching for a long video to watch, Hongjoong felt a buzz coming from his phone. He smiled at the notification.
________________________________
Hwa✨🤍

Sleep Well Joongie
  Read 2:23
________________________________
Hongjoong felt himself internally laughing. Of course Seonghwa knew he was still awake. He always knew because that topic would come up sometimes when they would hang out and the older male would always nag him about it. But, it was still sweet how he would send those little messages every night to make sure Hongjoong would get his sleep. _______________________________

                              Hwa✨🤍

Sleep well Joongie
  Read 2:23

                                          Thanks Hwa, night 🌙
                                                               Read 2:25

Goodnight precious
  Read 2:26
_______________________________

Hongjoong swore that that man was going to be the death of him. That term of endearment was not helping him with his crush on him in the slightest. He didn't know if Seonghwa was just being nice to him because they were close friends, but he did know that the other was always sincere with his words....which also didn't help the situation.

He stopped pondering on his like-life struggles and decided to go back to attempting to go to sleep. He closed out of his messages and went to Youtube, continuing to scroll on his page of recommendations. While going through what seemed to be an endless amount of thumbnails, Hongjoong heard a noise coming from outside his room. He quickly jerked up, the sound catching his attention. He wasn't going to lie, he was a bit scared. Who wouldn't be?

He slowly got out of his bed, taking light steps until he approached the door of his bedroom. He pressed his ear up against the surface, hoping to see if he can hear any more noises, which he did. He couldn't make out what the noise was or what was even causing it, but his fear started to take over regardless. The short male was debating whether he should try to see what it was or not, scared of what he would see on the other side. Nonetheless, he slowly crept the door open, thankful that it didn't creak. He peaked his head out of it a little bit and the sight in front of him almost made him shit himself.

Before him was the large silhouette of a man who seemed to be at least six feet tall, wearing all black clothing. He was in the living room, rummaging around as if he was looking for something of value. Hongjoong was in a complete state of shock, not believing that he was actually living through this moment right now. It took all of him to not cry right then and there; his life could be over in a matter of seconds. His breathing started to get really heavy, and unfortunately, could be heard by the intruder. The random man turned his head to the direction of Hongjoong's bedroom door, looking the short male dead in the eyes. Hongjoong's breath hitched and he was in a temporary state of shock. The strange man slowly stalked his way towards the door, being as creepy as humanly possible.

After Hongjoong shook himself out of his trance, realization set in; if he didn't make some type of move now, things could go extremely bad. No one was here to protect him, all he had was himself. He gathered all the courage he could to put his head back into his room, slamming the door shut and locking it. He quickly ran over to his bed to retrieve his phone. At this moment, he was grateful that there was a fire escape in his room. With no second to spare, he quietly ran over to the fire escape, running down it until he reached the ground. He then ran as fast as he could through the dark, making it to his car and locking himself inside.

At least he was safe, but right now, Hongjoong was freaking out. He still couldn't believe that that had happened, in his own home. He couldn't think of anything else but to call the first person that came into mind. Seonghwa.

He quickly got out his phone, unlocking it, and started pressing the screen frantically.

The phone started ringing and not long after, it had stopped.

"Hello?" a groggy voice said.

As much as he wanted to, Hongjoong couldn't even speak. He kept his mouth open, trying so hard to use his voice, but nothing came out. Nothing except the sounds of heavy and ragid breaths.

"Hello? Joong? Are you there?" the voice said again, now a bit concerned.

Hongjoong's unstable breathing continued on as he was finally able to say something.

"S-S-Seongh-hwa" the browned haired male managed to get out, not without letting out several cries.

"Hongjoong what's going on?" Seonghwa was easily turned into a panicked mess. Hearing Hongjoong in such a way sent a shock of waves to his heart, and it hurt painfully.

"I-I'm in m-my car on the s-side of the apartment building. C-Can you come g-g-get me p-lease?" Hongjoong was an absolute mess, he couldn't stop the tears from rolling down his face and the sobs that were coming from his throat.

"Of course Joong, do you think you can wait five minutes?" Shuffling could be heard in the background as it was assumed that Seonghwa was ripping and running across his house to put himself together.

"Y-Yeah I can wait. J-Just..please hurry" the short male said as he was trying to ease his cries.

"I will, I'll be there soon. Don't leave from where you are."

Seonghwa then hung up, leaving silence in place of his voice.

Hongjoong had enough of his sanity left to call the police, which he probably should've done sooner, but given the circumstances, nobody can't blame him for not thinking straight.

After the operator got all of the information they needed, they told Hongjoong that the police would be by as soon as the could (which happened to have to be a 10 minute delay).

All he could do now is sit in his car, and wait.