Woosan (angst, smut, fluff) ~Avoiding~ pt.1

The venue was filled with many dedicated fans, Ateez, and staff members. The members of Ateez were attending a fan meet, getting the chance to connect with their fans, sign albums, and just having a social interaction. Some of the members were dancing to music and others were having fun with props, while Atinys just looked at them like they've lost every inch of their minds.

Wooyoung was also on the stage dancing and enjoying the music. San was watching him from a short distance, admiring the other's passion and how his body portrayed it. He always found Wooyoung to be mesmerizing and he just loved to let him know indirectly through touches.

While Wooyoung was dancing on the stage, San went up behind him, setting his hands on the shorter's hips, feeling the movements through his bones The other immediately stopped and pulled away, confused at what the other was doing. He was honestly a flustered mess when it came to San. As much as he tried to play it off, the true fact of the matter was that he really like the other, probably loved him in more than a 'just a friend' way, but the things he would do with him only left him confused and frustrated.

Wooyoung walked away from the latter and went to sit back down at the table to go distract himself with snacks and drinks. San followed soon after, sitting down next to him. As he looked to his side, he noticed that the younger looked a bit off.

"Woo you okay?" he asked, rubbing his hand up and down the latter's back.

"Yeah I'm fine, could you please move?" Wooyoung said, removing the other's hand from him and scooting over.

"What's the matt-"

"Nothing. I'm going to the bathroom" he stated before San could continue on with his question. He got up from his chair and walked away, informing one of the staffs that he was going to the bathroom. The older watched as he left the stage, his face riddled with shock and wondering what just happened.

Apparently, another group member, Yeosang, saw and heard the strange interaction between the two. He went to go sit down next to San, looking to figure out the situation.

"Umm...so would you like to tell me what was all of that or should I sit here wondering?" the blonde haired male asked.

"I don't know. Maybe he just doesn't feel good. You know how he gets when he's feeling sick or something like that. He just doesn't like to be bothered" the younger responded, not completely sure. But he knew it wasn't some "sickness." He's been noticing the other's behavior for some time but didn't want to bring it up, thinking it would make things worse.

"Oh okay. Well I guess that makes sense." The older then looked over to San, seeing him with an upset face. "Hey, don't think about it too much, it'll be fine" he said, flashing a reassuring smile.

The younger just nodded, not really knowing what else to say. Yeosang took that as a sign to just leave it and joined the rest of Ateez who were currently playing with props and dancing sillily to the music that was playing above.

Wooyoung entered the restroom, stopping at one of the stalls before he went in it and locked the door. He stood in there, trying to collect his self. He hated the affect San had on him. He could be completely sane one second, and then the next, mentally running up the walls. This kind of thing has been going on for months now, ever since Wooyoung actually realized that he liked San. He's been trying not to get to close to him or be in the same place as him longer than necessary for his own sake, but it doesn't always work. He'll try to close himself up in his room for as long as he could but the group's schedules make it hard to stay there for long. Right in that stall, the younger broke down, unsure of what to do or how he could even bare going on that stage, even though nobody else knew what was going on. His lips started to quiver, his nose turning red, as he began to let out a slight cry. He didn't know what to do at that point other than to cry. He likes San, he knows that, but the way San makes him feel, without knowing if he feels the same way or if he's reading into it more than he needs to, is too much. Deciding that he had been in the bathroom for too long and that somebody would be sent to find him, Wooyoung wiped the tears from his face, and left from the stall to the sink. He splashed his face with water, hoping to get rid of the tear stains on his cheeks. Turning the faucet off, he looked in the mirror for the last time. He made his way out of the bathroom before heading back on the stage.

~

The group arrived to the dorms after a long and dragged out day. They were all exhausted and decided to go off to do their own things before they turned in for the night.

Wooyoung hurriedly went into the kitchen to grab him a couple of snacks to last him. He wanted to get to his room so he could enjoy his own company; maybe even cry himself to sleep, he didn't know. He was at the counter, grabbing a few bags of chips and a drink out of the snack bowl. He felt a hand on his lower back, someone walking up to his side.

"Hey Woo, whatcha doing?" the figure had asked him.

"Nothing. Goodnight" the other said with no expression. He was trying to shuffle his way out of the kitchen, when San grabbed his arm, turning him back around to face him.

"Okay what's been up with you lately? You've been avoiding me and I don't like that."

"Nothing is wrong with me San" Wooyoung responded, itching to go to his room to dodge the questioning. Of course, it didn't work.

"Bullshit" the older said, frustrated with the other. "You've been acting like this for a while. I'm not understanding. You know you can talk to me if-"

"Please, just leave me alone." The younger didn't want to fight with San, especially not now. He just wanted to lay down in his bed and forget about the day like he has been doing for the past several months. He didn't need this right now.

"You know I can't do that Wooyoung , not until you tell me why you've been acting so cold towards me, like you don't want anything to do with me."

"I don't want you near me, is that a clear enough answer for you?" Wooyoung had clearly reached his breaking point. He didn't even think about what came out of his mouth, he just said it without thinking, and he instantly regretted it.

Without saying another word, San stormed out of the kitchen and went to his room, making sure to slam the door after him, which caused the other to flinch at the sudden noise. Wooyoung had let out a heavy sigh and ran a hand through his black locks. He didn't know if what he said to the other was truly how he felt. He clearly meant it in some fashion, not wanting to be around the other because he caused his brain such chaos with his feelings, but he also didn't want San to be away from him. As much as the younger had been avoiding him, he wished he hadn't and just could've been honest with his feelings for him. But of course that stemmed the big question, does San like him back?

Wooyoung thought he wouldn't get anywhere with trying to make sense of anything by himself, so he went to a person that he knew he could talk to, Seonghwa.