Chapter 14 - Mush

- Chapter 14 - "I Can't Lose You." -
Warnings: Mentions of abuse, eating problems, little talk of hospitals
Third Person POV

Disclaimer: Anthony's problems with eating are based on stuff I know. I'm not putting any more details, but if it's offensive to you, remember that everyone has different symptoms.

Everything was great, for a few weeks at least.

Anthony, Buttons, Romeo, and Tommy boy continued to tap away when they had a chance to go to the basement together when the others wouldn't be suspicious.

Anthony started trusting a few more Newsies, but still tried to distance himself from most of them, especially Albert and Spot.

But he was counting down the days till Medda would get tired of him and give him away.

Or worse (to him at least), Jack and Specs would tell Albert and Spot about the three of them being soulmates.

Mush was happy with Blink, and he loved sharing a room with Anthony.

Currently, Mush was walking to the bathroom upstairs, when he heard muffled crying coming from inside.

Mush slowly opened the door, surprised to find Anthony curled up into a ball on the ground.

"Anthony!" Mush exclaims, closing the door and running to him.

Mush looks him over, he was crying a lot and looked like he had thrown up. "Anth, what happened?"

"I don't know" Anthony whispers.

He starts explaining to Mush.

Anthony's flashback

Anthony was sat playing chess with Davey, it was one of his favorite pass-times, since he was starting to get closer to Davey.

Suddenly, like really quickly, Anthony started feeling sick.

It started off with his stomach hurting, which was normal for him, so he just brushed it off.

Quickly after, he started feeling a little lightheaded and nauseous.

Davey must've noticed this, since he asked, "Are you okay, Anthony?"

Anthony nodded, excusing himself and went to the bathroom.

When he got there, he immediately threw up.

Flashback over

Mush's eyes widen. "Anthony. You need to tell Medda."

Anthony's eyes widen. "No- no- I'm fine- fine, Mush. Really!"

Mush gets up, shaking his head. "No, I'm not taking 'no' for an answer. I'm not risking losing you, Anth! You guys are all I have left, and I get it, you're worried we're all gonna leave you. I've been there, but we aren't! I love you, Anth, we all do. You're my brother, so as your older brother, is my job to make sure you're okay."

Anthony starts crying more as Mush leaves the bathroom for a minute.

Is he really telling the truth?