Chapter 6 - Anthony

- Chapter 6 - An Unpleasant Meeting -
Warning: Bullying, soaking
Third Person POV

It had been four days since Anthony started school.

He basically knew his way around now, so that was good, and he didn't have to go to the office every morning and afternoon.

He avoided who the boys told him was Oscar, Morris, and Weasel, or Mr. Wiesel.

He'd sometimes see them staring at him, across the halls, but he would quickly go find one of the Newsies when he saw them.

School was fine to him.

The boys were still trying to get him to open up and become their friends, but they weren't forcing him to.

They were just being really- how should I put this?- annoying. Or persistent.

Eh, it's the joy of living with sixteen foster brothers who want to be friends with everyone they meet, are very overprotective, and are highly extroverted.

Plus, now he shared a room with Mush.

Though, Mush was one who knew when he needed space. Mush was nice, and in most of his classes.

Anthony still barely talked, ate, and tried to stay hidden.

He knew they'd probably start to get worried, then they'd figure out he's a burden, and a few weeks later, they'd just throw him out.

He'd just be transferred to another foster home, like usual.

Anthony shakes himself out of his thoughts as he enters the Newspaper classroom.

His teacher, Mr. Denton, greets him.

He nods back, before going to sit next to Elmer and JoJo. He found they were the easiest to talk to, other than probably Albert (maybe), Crutchie, Jack, Mush, and Specs.

Newspaper passed like it always did. The boys got a little bit of work done, but not a lot.

They were crazy so it was hard to get a lot of work done. Mr. Denton, Davey, and Specs were the ones that kept the Newspaper from falling apart.

Anthony got up, with his things when the bell rang, and exited the classroom.

He told the boys he had to grab a few things from his locker and that he'd meet them outside.

Anthony gets to his locker, and he opens it.

It had taken him forever to learn his combination in the first place, and for the first few days, Jack had to help him open if since he couldn't do it on his own.

Anthony grabs his things from his locker, and puts them, along with the stuff he had in class, in his backpack.

He closes and locks his locker, before turning around, only to be met face-to-face with Morris Delancey.

Morris smirked at him.

Anthony backed up, internally freaking out.