Chapter 32 - Anthony/Racetrack

- Chapter 32 - Race is Confused with a lot -
Warnings: Weird organization stuff? Sarcasm?
Third Person POV

Race walks into Jack's room.

He stops in his tracks. "Uh..." he hesitates.

Jack doesn't look up at him, still sharpening his pencil.

"What are you doing?" Race asks, stepping out of the room slightly.

"I can't work with them if they aren't organized." Jack mutters in response, placing the darker green next to a lighter green and grabbing an even darker green.

His pencils were spread out, the warmer colors/the colors at the beginning of the rainbow already perfectly sharpened and in his pencil case.

His others were in a pile in front of him.

His greens were in a row, and he was picking them up one at a time, sharpening them, and then his placing them in his pencil case, where the other colors he had finished and organized were.

"You know..." Race starts. "I'll come back later." He mutters, leaving the room.

Race walks down the hallway, to his and Mush's room.

"Hey, Racer." Elmer greets walking past him.

Elmer stops when he sees Race's face.

"You okay?" He asks, a skeptical eyebrow raised. (That doesn't make sense lol)

"He's using a hand sharpener." Race mumbles, his eyebrows furrowed. "Why in heck would you do that with a hand-held sharpener?" He questions, mainly to himself.

Elmer chuckles. "It's a way to get rid of stress for Jack, cause I'm guessing that he's at the time where he needs to reorganize and re-sharpen his pencils?" He asks. "If we're even talking about Jack."

Race nods, before walking off, still confused out of his mind and for no particular reason.

Elmer chuckles, just watching him walk to his room.

About an hour later

Race walks back to Jack's room.

He stops when he sees him in the same position as before, now working on a purple pencil.

Race sighs deeply.

You know what...

Race walks to Jack's desk, without Jack noticing him, and grabs a paper and a pencil off of it.

He quickly writes 'When you're finished, Race needs you' on the paper, puts the pencil back, puts the papers back in a neat pile, grabs tape, and tapes the paper to Jack's door.

Then, he leaves.

Race walks back to his room.

He just laid on his bunk, bored, when he heard someone shout his name.

He gets up and walks to his door.

He peaks his head out of the door, looking left and right.