Chapter 27 - Anthony

- Chapter 27 - A Brother Talk with Henry -
Warnings: Eating problems? Talk of past abuse, neglect
Third Person POV

"I'm lactose intolerant." Boots states, walking into the kitchen where Anthony and Henry were cooking and Medda was watching.

"But you don't seem to care, do you?" Mush questions, from where he stood in the doorway.

He was leaning against the doorframe, arms crossed.

Boots shrugs. "It sucks, cause dairy is yummy."

The boys in the room laugh, as Medda chuckles.

"You have pills for that." Medda reminds him.

"They don't work." Boots groans. "It's essentially like taking allergy pills for something you want to eat, then not eating the thing."

Anthony's breath caught in his throat when Boots mentioned not eating.

Henry noticed this, but decided to save this topic for a more private place. I'll talk to him about this later.

Medda chuckles. "That's not how that works, Boots."

"It is." Boots argues, sitting down next to her. "You just don't know it."

"Mom is magical, I wouldn't doubt her." Tommy boy adds, opposite to where Mush was.

Medda chuckles again. "How about we have a game night tonight?"

Most of the boys in the room perk up, and a few walk in, or jump out of vents.

Anthony was too lost in his thoughts to notice.

"Can we bring boyfriends?" Ike questions, from where he hung upside down from a vent.

"And Kath and Sarah?" Jack adds, now standing next to Medda.

Medda chuckles. "Only if I can bring Hannah."

A wave of 'awe's flies around the boys.

Medda chuckles, shaking her head. "You all are something."

A chorus of 'you love us' flies around the boys, other than Anthony.

Jack notices this. "You okay, Anthony?" He questions.

Anthony whips around, being broken from his thoughts. "Oh- uh- yeah? I'm fine."

Jack raises an eyebrow. "You sure?"

Anthony nods, swallowing the lump in his throat. "Just nervous."

"Why?" Crutchie questions, a bit confused.

Anthony shrugs, turning to stir the food again. "I've just- never played... uh- any games?"

The boys share looks.

Medda smiles warmly at him, placing her mug on the table. "That's okay. We can teach you how to play."

Anthony smiles a bit, nodding, though he doesn't say anything.

Albert squeezes his shoulders, placing a kiss to his forehead. "Don't be worried, you'll have fun. I promise."