Chapter 30 - Buttons

- Chapter 30 - Poor El is sick -
Warnings: Sick, nightmares
Third Person POV

A/N. Yes, I made that.

Buttons frowned, walking into Elmer's room.

Jack had come to get him when Elmer had started crying.

Elmer never started crying randomly, and he was always cooperative when getting up in the morning for school, so this confused both of them, plus Elmer's roommate, JoJo.

Elmer laid on his bunk, curled up in a ball, literally sobbing.

Buttons sits down next to the bunk, since he had the bottom one, rubbing his back.

"Hey El." He whispers, frowning. "What's up?"

"Albert's middle name." Elmer mumbles.

It took Buttons a minute, but he did get what Elmer was referencing.

Buttons chuckles a bit. "You and Anthony spend too much time with the other boys." He states.

Elmer nods, weakly.

"What's happening, Elmer?" Buttons questions. "Talk to me, please. I want to help." He pleads.

"It hurts." Elmer whispers.

Buttons frown deepens. "What hurts?" He questions.

"The light is too bright." Elmer chokes out. "My head hurts, my eyes hurt. Everything hurts." He whispers.

Buttons frowns. "I'm going to say you're not going to school today."

Elmer didn't respond.

"Let me go tell Jack and Medda," Buttons whispers. "Then, I'll come back and cuddle you. Okay?"

"Okay." Elmer mumbles his agreement.

Buttons kisses the top of his forehead, immediately feeling that it was on fire.

That only fueled his worry. (A/N, I'm horrible lol.)

Buttons walked down to the kitchen, where Jack, Medda, Davey, Anthony, Albert, and Spot were.

Jack and Medda turn to him, concerned.

"How is he?" Jack asks Buttons.

"His forehead is burning up." Buttons explains, grabbing medicine. "He says that everything hurts. The light is too bright, his head hurts, his eyes hurt."

Jack and Medda frown.

"He's not going to school today." Buttons tells them.

Medda nods. "I'll call him out today." She states.

Buttons nods.

Medda hugs Buttons, kissing his forehead. "Take care of him. Text me if you need anything. I love you both."

Buttons mumbles an 'I love you too', before Medda walks out of the room, probably to her office.