Chapter 25 - Smalls

- Chapter 25 - Hanging with Smalls -
Warnings: Uh, nerves? I don't really know
Third Person POV

Smalls walks into the kitchen, where Medda, with what was either a mug of coffee or tea that Specs or Crutchie made, sat at the Island in the kitchen.

Medda was 'talking' to Anthony, who was cooking.

"Morning, Ma." Smalls greets. Medda smiles, as Smalls sits next to her. "Morning, Anth. You cook?"

"I'm baking." Anthony responds, as he stirs the mix.

He wasn't paying full attention to the conversation, and he sounded very determined and focused. Kinda like he sounded when he was playing Chess.

"Okay," Smalls corrects herself. "You bake?"

"Anthony is a very good baker, and it helps him when he's stressed." Medda informs Smalls.

"What are you stressed about? Do you need someone to talk to?" Smalls questions, getting a tiny bit worried.

Medda sips her drink that was hiding the smile starting because of the two Newsies.

"I'm good thanks." Anthony shoots Smalls a small (ha) smile. "I'm just a tiny bit stressed about Soulmate stuff and school."

"Soulmate stuff?" Smalls looks at him, confused. "Why? Do you need me to talk to Albert and Spot for you?"

Anthony smiles, stopping baking for a minute. "No, no, I'm okay. Just a little nervous. Sometimes I feel like I'm a burden or too childlike, or that because I'm uncomfortable with most things, Albert and Spot are getting annoyed."

Smalls frowns. "You're not a burden, and I can promise that Albert and Spot aren't getting annoyed. We all have bad pasts, and because of yours, you are different and not comfortable with everything. That's okay. Sniper wasn't very comfortable with me being her Soulmate at first because her parents were homophobic. I get it. I can promise that Albert and Spot are just happy that you're their Soulmate and that they found you, or technically Jack did, but you get my point."

Anthony smiles, going to hug Smalls, who was literally the same height as him. "Thanks Smalls."

Smalls smiles.

They pull away after a minute. "You guys are so sweet."

Anthony and Smalls share a laugh, as Anthony goes back to cooking.

A few minutes of talking between Anthony, Medda, and Smalls goes by, before Anthony puts the dessert in the oven.

"What are you making anyway?" Smalls questions, as she watches Anthony slide the cake into the oven.

"Tiramisu." Anthony answers, closing the oven. "My mom used to make it for me all the time, so now I have the recipe memorized by heart."

Smalls smiles. "Okay, well clean up, set a timer, and then grab your tap shoes."

"'I'd Rather Be Me'?" Anthony questions, as he washes his hands.

Smalls nods, smirking, before running out of the room. "Scratch my last statement! I'll grab your tap shoes!"

"Thanks Smalls!" Anthony shouts back.