Chapter 4 - Anthony

- Chapter 4 - New School -
Warnings: None really. A bit of bullying? Anxiety?
Third Person POV

Anthony walked silently in the middle of the group of boys.

To say he was nervous was an understatement.

He was terrified.

Medda had explained to him what his days were gonna be like, and for the first few days, he was gonna have someone by his side the whole time.

First period (which today was English Honors) - Mush

Second period (Math Honors) - Crutchie and Mush

Third period (History) - Tommy boy

Fourth Period (Advanced Italian) - He was not actually in that class with anyone, but Jack and Davey (who he had yet to meet) would bring him there and be waiting after class for him.

Fifth period (Science Honor) - Mush and JoJo

Sixth period (Gym) - Jack, and a good amount of other Newsies

Seventh period (Newspaper) - Literally, all of the boys

He would also go to the front office for the first three days every morning and afternoon so his Guidance Counselor could see how he was doing.

"You ready, Anthony?" Jack asks his, suddenly appearing next to him and scaring the heck out of him.

He lets out a little yelp, jumping backwards, and falling onto his butt.

The boys all crowd around him, some laughing, and others checking to make sure he's okay.

"I'm fine" Anthony mumbles. Jack helps him up.

"Sorry bud, I didn't mean to scare you" Jack apologizes. Anthony shrugs it off.

"Not your fault, I was just in deep thought" Anthony whispers. Jack nods.

"Thinking about what, if I may ask" Jack questions. Anthony shrugs, tugging on the straps of his backpack.

"Just- nerves. I'm a bit nervous about school. I hate being the new kid" Anthony mumbles. Jack nods, he understood that.

Anthony wished he could say he wasn't the new kid, since he was a freshman with all the other freshman, but everyone who went to the high school, usually went to the middle school that was connected to it.

Their principal, Mr. Pulitzer, ran both schools, so everyone usually went to both, seeing as they were side-by-side. Like, they were so close, they had hallways that made it easy to get from one to the other.

In the middle of both schools was the principal's office.

Plus, it's the middle of October, so he missed the start of the year too.

"Hey, it's okay to be nervous. I completely understand that. I joined in the middle of December." Jack laughs, and Anthony joins him a bit. "I literally joined so late that they probably should've just let me wait till break was over to start school." The two boys laugh again. "What I'm trying to say is that if you need anything, tell us. We're here for you, and we've all been in your place."