Chapter 29 - Anthony

- Chapter 29 - French Bread -
Warnings: Problems with eating
Third Person POV

Anthony places the bowl down on the table, sighing. "I can't. I can't do it today."

Henry frowns. "Anth, you haven't eaten today. You barely ate dinner last night, and you've only taken a bite of this."

It was a bowl of strawberries.

Anthony bites his lip. "I can't right now. I'm sorry."

"Anthony, I don't want to have to force you to eat, none of us do," Henry starts. "But if you don't eat, we're going to need to make you eat."

Anthony shook his head, and Henry could see the tears fill his eyes.

"Hey, hey, you're okay." Henry whispers, taking Anthony's hands. "What if I go get someone else? Like Jack, Davey, or Specs, or Medda, or Albert and Spot, or Mush?"

Anthony shakes his head. "I don't want to worry them, and Jack will force me to eat."

"He won't if you try." Henry responds.

"I am trying!" Anthony exclaims, tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"That's not what I meant-" Henry panics. "I know you're trying, trust me. It's hard. I've seen some of our other brothers go through the same thing. I understand."

Anthony nods. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to blow up. I'm sorry- you're just trying to help..."

"Anthony, it's okay." Henry puts his hand on Anthony's shoulder. "I understand, you're having a hard time. It was my fault, because I said the wrong thing."

"Henry-"

Henry cuts him off. "All of this is new to you. You've only been here for a few months, and while some people would be fine, you've been through a lot. I completely understand, okay?"

Anthony nods, wiping his face. "I love you. I'm sorry."

Henry smiles. "Don't be sorry. I love you, too. You know who also loves you?"

Anthony raises his eyebrows.

"All of the people in this house." Henry states. "Even Jack, even if he gets a little strict when he's trying to help. And, Albert and Spot."

Anthony smiles a little bit, drawing circles with his finger on the table. "They're nice. They understand if I'm uncomfortable."

Henry smiles, chuckling a bit. "I'm pretty sure everyone in this house, other than Medda, would kill them if they didn't. Plus, that's not like them."

Anthony chuckles.

Later

Anthony was in the living room, cooking, with Henry sitting across from him.

"So, you'll cook for others-" Henry starts.

Anthony cuts him off. "I'm baking."

"Apologies." Henry responds, correcting himself. "You'll bake for others, but you won't for yourself."

"Yup," Anthony pops the 'p'.