Chapter 3 - Albert

- Chapter 3 - Getting to Know Anthony -
Warning: Signs of abuse
Third Person POV

The Newsies, as they called themselves, sat on the floor of Jack and Crutchie's room.

Davey, Katherine, Sarah, Smalls, and Sniper had come over after the boys met Anthony and he went back up to his room.

"Who's going to try to interact with him?" Jack questions. The group shrugs.

"It can't be someone who's mean" Ike states, glaring at Smalls, who rolls her eyes.

"It probably shouldn't be someone who's new, like Kath, Davey, and I" Sarah adds. She was sat on the ground, while JoJo did her hair. He liked doing her hair, when she let him. He was actually pretty good, too.

The group nods.

"I think Albert and Elmer should definitely go" Henry states. The Newsies nod.

"And we shouldn't overwhelm him, so only two more people" Boots adds. They all nod again.

"How about Specs and Mush? Also because, doesn't he share a room with Mush?" Blink suggests. Everyone shares looks, silently deciding.

"Yeah."

"Why isn't Mush in their room if they share a room?" Katherine questions. Mush smiles to himself, sharing a look with Blink and Specs.

"Medda let's them be in a room alone for the first few nights so they get used to it. For now, Mush is sleeping on a mattress in Blink and Specs room" Jack explains. Katherine nods.

"Back to who goes to see him, that sounds good. Don't be too crazy or hard on him. Don't pressure him to answer anything either" Davey reminds them. The four boys roll their eyes.

"Davey, we've done this before. We know this stuff" Specs reminds him. Davey shrugs.

Albert, Elmer, Specs, and Mush get up and leave the room.

They walk down the hall to Anthony's room, and gently knock on the door.

They hear shuffling around in the room, before the door opens, leaving Anthony, looking up at them, confused.

"Hi?" He whispers. The boys smile at him.

"Hey, can we come in for a few?" Elmer asks Anthony, who nods slightly.

He opens the door, letting the three boys into the room. They look around.

"It's nice in here" Specs tells Anthony, who nods, shrugging a bit.

"How the heck do you keep this room so clean?" Mush questions. Anthony shrugs.

"I was always told not to make a mess. I could only clean messes" Anthony whispers. The four boys, who barely heard it, share looks, but decide not to question it.

"Wanna play a game?" Albert questions, as the boys sit on the floor in a circle.

"Like what?" Elmer questions. Albert shrugs.

"Maybe 20 questions?" Mush suggests. "I kinda want to get to know you."

Anthony nods.