Chapter 13 - Romeo

- Chapter 13 - Finding Out a Secret -
Warnings: Anxiety, abuse
Third Person POV

Romeo loved his life.

-That's always a good thing-

He did, he really loved his life.

He loves his wonderful boyfriend/soulmate, Specs. Plus, he thought Specs was the most wonderful thing to ever grace the Earth.

To him, Specs was adorable, he was really smart, he danced well, he was hot, he blushed a lot- okay, you get the point.

He liked all his brothers and sisters, since the Newsies, and of course Medda, had slowly become his family over the years he was with them.

Romeo didn't really care about his past. He always said, 'My past is in the past, meaning it's over, I can't change it, so I best move on.'

And literally, most people- including me- are jealous about how chill he is.

Of course, having ADHD and being a Trans boy has it's challenges, but another thing he always said was, 'When the world throws something at me, I'll kick it right back at them.'

It's part of being on the boys' soccer team at his school.

Challenges were just another part of life, so that's all he acknowledged them to be.

He acknowledged most things like that, except his family and soulmates.

In his words, 'they're too amazing for any words, so saying that would be stupid and very wrong.'

Romeo liked Anthony, he really did.

He thought Anthony was cool. Anthony was his height, liked to tap with him, and was supported him through anything, so he was perfect.

Anthony was seriously the perfect edition to the family and Romeo was excited for when he would trust them, become a brother, and get a Newsie name- that is, if he wanted one.

But Romeo couldn't help but notice a few very tiny details that confused him.

1) The way Anthony's eyes got very curious and almost relieved when Henry mentioned he has two soulmates.

2) How he distances himself from Albert and Spot more than anyone.

3) How he hides his soulmate mark, and never lets someone else see him without a shirt on.

4) How he won't even talk about anything remotely related to soulmates.

5) How he blushes around Albert and Spot more than anyone else when they compliment him.

And 6) How horrible he is at lying, but that one was just a detail Romeo noticed because he could. It didn't have anything to do with the other four details.

After several weeks of trying to put the pieces together, and ultimately getting distracted every time, Romeo finally figured it out.

Romeo knocks on Anthony's door, and walks in with Anthony says it's okay to.

Anthony was sitting on his bed, with headphones on, though he took them off, and a closed book with a bookmark in it on his lap. The boys usually found him like this.