Love at First Letter - 14

So I know I said that this chapter was going to be of Logan and Hazel in New York, but I've changed my mind.

SURPRISE!

It's going to be in Brett's POV! And shit is going to go down. Just a little teaser. This is one of the longer chapters I've written, but I feel as though y'all deserve it. You've been dying to get Brett's point of view so you're welcome!

I just really felt like writing in Brett's POV, so here you are!

Please keep in mind that I won't be going into any detail about what the new characters in this chapter look like. I know it might bother some of you, but there is a reason for this. They will make an appearance later in the book (hint, hint).

Love at First Letter

Chapter Fourteen

Brett Tinsley's POV

Brett Tinsley,

A boyfriend? That's just wrong, I mean why in the world would she be interested in dating boys? She's only a teenager, she should at least wait until she's thirty, when you're grey and old and won't be able to kick his ass.

Please note the sarcasm. Well semi-sarcasm, I fully believe you wouldn't be able to kick ass when your grey and can barely walk without a cane.

You won't be there forever to protect them from boys. And not every boy is going to treat her like they have in the past. But I'm sure she can always count on you to kick some ass when need be. If I was your sister I would be terrified to even go near boys. How would you feel if the girl you really liked had an older brother who was a kick ass military boy? You would shit your pants if you were in their shoes. So please, before you go swinging at one of your sister's boyfriends, just think it through. Now if they do land a hand on them, I give you full permission to land their asses in the hospital. No girl should ever have to go through that. And I'm sorry that she had to go through that.

You seem to be full of optomism. You believe my cousin is going to wake up and that my book is going to do so well. I wonder how you stay so positive all the time. It's hard for me to stay positive and I'm not fighting for my life right now. So please do share some of your secrets.

I'm in New York right now. Logan Parker and I have been in the news as a rumored couple. Can you believe that? They think just because they've seen us a couple times together that we're dating. We went to lunch a few times to talk about the upcoming book and he took me to a bookstore, I hardly call that dating. So we went on a talk show and set the record straight.

I guess that's what I get for doing a book with one of the best author's right now. But I've got to go, I wrote this real quick while Logan was taking a swim in the pool!

As always I look forward to your response,

Hazel Tate

Being promoted to Sergeant was an honor. To temporarily take Sergeant Tate's postition was big shoes to fill. The guys would look up to me to lead our group and I only hoped that I had the ability to do it as well as Sergeant Tate. There wasn't much happening now, hasn't been much for the past few days and that had all of us on our toes.

It was the calm before the storm.

We knew something was coming, we could feel it in our bones and deep in our stomachs. I didn't eat and even thinking of eating anything sent my stomach into a fit of dryheaving. So I didn't try. I did however drink enough water that I wasn't ever that hungry. I kept my gun close to my side as I set up camp inside an abandoned building.