Love at First Letter - Epilogue

Epilogue

Seven years later

"Mommy, mommy." I hear my six year old son say to me as he shakes me away. A second pair of hands join his as my four year old helps her older brother wake me up. I wrap my warms around their waists and bring them down onto my chest before kissing both of their cheeks.

"We made you breakfast." Bryce tells me, wiggling out of my grip and hopping down onto the floor. "You have to get out of bed now."

"Okay, okay." I tell him, keeping a hold of Hailey as I stand up from the bed and follow Bryce down into the kitchen.

When we make it down into the kitchen Brett is standing by the table, which was all set and ready for us all to eat. I look down at the pancakes and bacon and smile at my husband and kids. "Thank you for this."

I walk up to Brett and he brings me in for a kiss. I can hear our kids fake gagging in the background and I smile into the kiss. "Happy Anniversary." I kiss him one last time before sitting down at the table. Bryce and Hailey spend the entire time talking about the upcoming summer vacation. We were going to take a vacation up to Uncle Tate's house to see them and the kids were beyond excited to see their favorite uncle.

Brett and I have been married seven years now. After he proposed we didn't take very long to get married. We wanted a simple, small wedding in a beautiful church. We had only about a hundred people at the wedding, just some family and close friends. I picked out a beautiful lacey gown that was strapless. My hair was twisted and curled into an up-do and both Johanna and Cara made sure my make up was beautiful. Too bad I ruined their work half-way through the ceremony.

I remember the butterflies in my stomach and feeling like I was going to throw up as I stood getting ready to enter the room. But when the music started and Uncle Tate looped his arm through mine, I felt as if I was going to cry. Brett was handsome standing at the end of the aisle. I could already feel the tears welling in my eyes. I didn't look at anyone but Brett as I walked down the aisle, keeping my arm tightly wrapped around Uncle Tate's for fear I would trip and make a fool out of myself.

We came to a stop at the end of the aisle and Uncle Tate wiped away a tear of mine. "I know your parents are so proud of you right now." Those simple words just made me want to cry even more.

I stepped up to Brett and held his hands in mine as we went through the ceremony. I don't remember most of it. I mostly remember just looking at Brett and repeating the words I had to say.

"You may now kiss the bride."

It was the bed day of my life, until Bryce and Hailey came along, and then it was a close third. When we found out I was pregnant, Brett couldn't believe it. He was so happy and protective that he barely let me do anything by myself for the whole duration of both pregnancies.

Brett  had indeed gone back to college right after we got married. He went to a smaller, local college and got a business degree. He then opened up his own store, a bookstore. He didn't tell me he was opening up his own store until the grand opening and was surprised when he brought me there and told me that we now owned it. It was the sweetest one year anniversary present. Now, my office was moved into the bookstore which was only a five minute drive from our house.

I remember the day when Brett told me we needed to pack up the office. I was pregnant with Bryce at the time and one day he comes home with a bunch of boxes. I ask them what they were for but he doesn't answer me. Instead he simply goes into my office and starts packing up all of my things.

"Now that we're going to have a family I want to make sure that the house is a work free zone. I won't bring home work and you don't bring home work. When we both step in this house we aren't business partners, we don't own a bookstore, and you aren't an author. We're just parents, okay?"

"Okay."

Of course we have found exceptions to that rule through the years. Especially with deadlines coming up and bills that need to be paid but I usually write when the kids have gone to sleep and Brett sometimes gets up before the kids wake up to do last minute work. So far, it was working perfectly. I have written a total of five more books, each of them even more successful than the last. It was hard going on a book tour and not being home for a week or two at a time and I knew that the kids missed me. But with technology how it is, it isn't too bad. I sometimes even take them with me.

Johanna, Cara, and I have managed to stay friends throughout the years. It was difficult at first, especially with the wedding and getting pregnant and still working on books. But we managed. Johanna is currently married to a nice guy with one kid. They live a good hour away from us and sometimes on the weekends we would meet half way and our kids would play. Cara on the other hand isn't married but she's in a serious relationship with a friend from college. They're happy at the moment and I could see a wedding in the nearby future.

Brittany and Brandy are both in college as we speak. Brittany is studying to become an editor and I already had her lined up with an internship with a very successful company up in New York. Brandy on the other hand had discovered her love for photography when she was a senior in high school and was now going to make that her own career. I didn't know any photographers and couldn't help her out as much as I could for Brittany but she's done all of my photo shoots for my book covers and she has some serious talent.

And lastly Logan. Logan's still one of my closest friends and is happily married to Kylie. Our book had done well and he had learned how to write a romance. But I would give that credit to Kylie. They're going strong and have a few little kids running around. Kylie and Logan live a few minutes from our house and both help out at the bookstore.

I tuck in both of my children at the end of the night and kiss both of their heads. I couldn't imagine my life any different. I have a husband who I love and who loves me too. I have kids who I love more than anything and I have a career that I love to do. It was hard at times, seeing as Brett and I knew next to nothing about being parents but it came naturally to us.

"I love you Brett." I tell Brett as we lay in bed that night holding onto each other. Seven years together and our love has done nothing but grow for each other. I would spend the rest of my days in the arms of this man. And I couldn't picture life without him.

"I love you too Hazel."

Our love story wasn't easy, at sometimes I didn't think that he would come home to me. Hell, at first I didn't even want to answer his letter. But without that push from my friends and Uncle Tate, we wouldn't be where we are today. I owe everything to that single letter because for us, it was love at first letter.

The End. 

I hope you enjoyed this story. I want to thank everyone who made it all the way through, who enjoyed it, and who commented and voted. I loved telling Hazel and Brett's story and I hope you loved reading about them as well. 

I'm sad to see these characters leave, but I am starting the second book. More information about that to come. 

I hope you liked it. 

Thank you for reading!