Love at First Letter - 30

ATTENTION!!

I just changed something in the last chapter if you haven't read it in the last couple of hours. Towards the end of the chapter Brett gives Hazel his dog tag! Just wanted to let y'all know that I changed that if you didn't see it.

Love at First Letter

Chapter 30

"Let's just go for a walk." I nod and stand from the chair. Logan and I have been trapped inside this room for an hour and we haven't got much done. We got a bit of a chapter roughly finished, but can't seem to think of where we want the characters to do. It wasn't easy writing with someone else. We had to take the other's opinions seriously and incorporate what we both want while keeping in mind what is the best thing for the story. It was hard, but Logan and I were making it work.

My heels slap on the tile floor and I'm still in a rather short dress Sarah had chosen for me this morning. It was a shame that she packed my suitcase for me last night, considering she didn't pick any sweatpants or sweatshirts for me to wear. Instead she packed multiple dresses and skirts and all the things I didn't want right now. I want to lounge in the meeting room in my sweatpants with my hair up. But most importantly I just want to take these heels off.

The receptionist smiles at us and we return the favor. I slip my arm through Logan's as we exit and start down the street.

New York City never seizes to amaze me with the skyscrapers and busy atmosphere. I watch as a woman in a suit leans up against a brick wall and slips out of her heels and trades them for flats. She notices me watching her and just smiles at me, not the least bit embarrassed – not that she should be. I just wish I would have thought of that.

"Why didn't I bring flats?" I ask Logan who notices that woman as well.

"You're not that smart." He teases me. I'm relieved when Logan and I find a diner with outside tables and it wasn't long before our waitress was out and taking our orders. "So how's everything going with lover boy?"

"You want to hear about my relationship?" I ask him, doubtful that he really wants to talk about this.

"Of course, just lay it on me. It might give me an idea for some romance in my own books. You know that's not my strong suit."

I just shake my head and say, "I don't know what you want to hear about. We're doing good, he's back to training and it should be a few months before he's deployed again. He's only been gone for a day and I already miss him. But his sisters are going to come visit me here in a few days. Their parents are going on some trip to take care of some family and they're going to stay with me, so that should be fun."

"Did you like meeting the family?"

"I liked meeting them. I love his sisters, but his parents . . . his parents just don't seem to care about him at all. When he left for my house they didn't even care, they just said good luck and then let him leave. He spent the rest of his time at my house and his parents didn't even care that he was going to leave without seeing them. I just find the whole thing extremely weird."