Love at First Letter - 27

Hello everyone, so this chapter is dedicated to emilymoxley03 for coming up with the awesome cast for this story. I still haven't found the one for Hazel or Brett or Sarah, so if you have any suggestions please let me know!

If you have any suggestions for anyone else in the story, like Brett's sisters then please let me know as well and I'll dedicate a chapter to you!

I am sorry for all of the mistakes in this chapter. Something went wrong with my computer but I'll fix it soon!

Love at First Letter

Chapter 27

We had started off the night with a few beers and an occasional shot here and there. Brett had stopped drinking after a few beers as he was going to drive us home but I hadn't. Now, I was drunk and attempting to play pool. I've always been somewhat good at pool, having been taught how to play at a young age. My father had put a pool table in our house once I was old enough to see above the table and had taught me how to play.

We would spend hours just playing and I had gotten quite good. Never good enough to wear I could beat my father without him letting me, but he had years of experience on me. And now, I was getting my ass kicked. I was swaying back and forth and the feeling of emptying out the contents of my stomach kept sneaking up on me, but I managed to hold it down. I tripped over my own foot and grabbed onto the table for support.

"Are you alright?" Brett asked me, leaning against the table and looking at me. "Do you want to go home yet?"

I shook my head and even though it wasn't my turn I took a shot anyway. My stick completely missed the white ball and I stumbled forward onto the table, but I manage to not spill my drink.

"Okay, come on." Brett sets his pool stick onto the table and takes the stick out of my hands. "We're leaving." He takes my drink from me before I could finish it and sets it on the table behind us. There are less people in here then when we first came in, but I guess when it's two in the morning not a lot of people want to be at a bar.

"I don't want to go home." I whined and clutched onto his arm as a wave of nausea hits me. "Can we got to the park?"

"For a little bit and then I'm taking you home and you're going to bed." He tried to stay stern but fails when he lets a small smile slip through. I lace our fingers together and swing them in-between our bodies. We don't say anything else until we're seated on the swings, but they make me even more nauseous so I settle on the grass and lay on my back. Brett doesn't take long before he follows my lead. He lifts up my head and slips his arm underneath it and brings me close to him. I rest my head on his chest and lay my arm lazily against his torso.

I look up to find him already looking at me, "What?" I ask him. "Is something on my face? You're always looking at me like that I have no idea why."

"You have no idea why?" He cocks his head to the side, when I shake my head he sighs and runs a hand through his hair that was getting longer and longer. I had the sudden urge to run my fingers through his hair. "You're beautiful, Hazel. I don't know why you chose a guy like me but I'm grateful for it and I will always look at you like this because you mean a lot to me."

"You mean a lot to me too. But it should be me who's grateful. I see the way girls are always looking at you. Where ever we go, they're always trying to get your attention and they like you Brett. What happens when I'm not enough anymore? Every one I've let get close to me has had something bad happen to them. My aunt had a miscarriage, Hanna just got her memory back, and my uncle got discharged from the military. I'm surprised nothing has happened to Johanna and Cara, but I probably just jinxed that. I'm terrified that something is going to happen to you, that someone might take you away from me."