Love at First Letter - 11

Chapter Eleven

Hazel Tate,

I am glad to hear that you are going to see your uncle, finally after all these years. I'm sure he will be glad to see you.

I'm reluctant to say that I do indeed know who Logan Parker is. My younger sisters are big fans of his, and have had the pleasure of meeting him. Which in turn means I have met him. It was only for a minute or two at a local meet and greet and one of the libraries in Atlanta, which we live fairly close to. But he seemed like a relatively nice guy, however; that could just be for his hundreds of fans that were crammed into a small library. But I think you two are going to write a kick ass book together. And I will make sure to buy it the day it comes out. Unless, you know, you want to slip me a copy for free. Signed please!

I'm sure if I am home, which I'm not sure if I would be, I will gladly stop by one of your meet and greets. I would like to say it would to be able to put a name to the face, but I'm afraid I already know what you look like. Seeing as your uncle does have a picture of you in his quarters. I didn't know it was you the first couple times I've seen the pictures, but once the letters started he showed it to me.

J.K. Rowling on the other hand, I have not read anything by her. I've seen the movies, loved them, but never actually read them. But I feel obligated to now that I know she's one of your favorite authors, makes me feel like I'm missing out on something special. So as soon as I'm home, I will gladly read them all.

Duty calls,

Brett Tinsley

The letter came to my door as soon as I was walking out, suitcases in toll. I had grabbed it in a hurry, calling goodbyes over my shoulder as I was running late for my flight. I hoped that security wouldn't take very long as I sped towards the airport, which I was glad wasn't very far from my home. There was the awful fact that there were constantly airplanes in the air and they sounded as if they would crash into your house, but you grow used to it.

I had made it just in time for my flight, thankful that I would only be staying for a few days and only needed a carry on. I slipped through security with no problems and ended up getting to my terminal right when they called my flight. And to top it off, I got a window seat which were my favorite, and had nobody sitting next to me. I let my feet rest on the seat next to me and rested my head on the wall as I stared out the window.

But then knowing I had to get to work I slipped my computer out of its bag and opened to my word document, where I picked off where I left off and easily got one chapter done before we started to descend and I knew we would be there soon.

I was anxious. Anxious to see Hanna who probably wouldn't have any idea who I was. Anxious to see my aunt who was still grieving over the loss of her child. And very anxious to see my uncle, who claimed he was on medical leave. I knew that wasn't a good sign and I didn't know what was wrong with him. He hadn't said anything about it in his last letter and knew that it couldn't be that bad or he would have told me.

When the flight touched on the ground, my nerves grew. But when I noticed half of my family standing at the bottom of the escalator with a sign that read, Famous Author, I couldn't help but laugh. I ran towards my uncle, flinging my arms around his neck but immediately noticed how he flinched and retracted my arms.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. He nodded, his clenched jaw giving him away. Trevor gave me a quick hug before we headed toward the car. "Please tell me what's wrong. You said you were on medical leave, what does that mean? What happened?"