Love at First Letter - 5

Oh my lord has it been a long time since I've updated this story. And I'm so sorry, I know it seems like I'm apologizing a lot to y'all but I really am sorry.

I really would like to finish this story before the new year, so updates should be coming more frequently and I'll still try to keep the chapters longer also.

I hope y'all like this chapter!

Love at First Letter

Chapter Six

Hazel's POV

Dear Hazel,

        I have to admit, when I got your letter in the mail it was a big surprise. I didn't expect it but it was a good surprise. I forgive you Hazel, I was never mad at you, and neither was your Aunt Jenette or the kids. We all love you so much, we just wish you would come and visit more often, especially when I did get leave. And I'm holding you to that, I expect you at my house when I get leave next, I will keep you posted.

        I know that you needed time when your parents passed away, and that is why neither my wife or I fought harder for you to stay. We really did want you to stay, we were being selfish and wanted to keep you in our house where we knew you were safe. But we knew that you were old enough to make your own decisions and we let you go. But I don't regret it because if you hadn't of left you wouldn't have wrote an amazing book, which in fact I did read thank you very much. Your Aunt Jenette practically forced the book into my hands. I remember her exact words, "You're talented neice wrote this incredible book and you're going to sit your ass down and read it if I have to tie you to a chair." So yes I did read it, and getting past all the girly parts, it was really good.

        Don't put yourself down, you're not a has been after one book. I'm sure some inspiration will come sooner rather than later. You have a serious gift there Hazel, and I wouldn't want you to throw it away just because you're a little blocked.

        I'm glad you find a good friend in Mr. Tinsley. I thought you two would hit it off, are the kids still saying that now a days? I could tell he needed someone to talk to, and I admit it was a little for selfish gain, I wanted you to slowly come back to military life, and I see it worked!

        I'm glad you decided to write me Haz, I really miss you and I can't wait to see you again. Maybe if Mr. Tinsley and I have leave at the same time, I'll bring him along and you'll meet face to face. Let me know what you think, and I'll make it happen if you would like.

        With lots of love,

        Uncle Tate.

I read the entire letter with a smile, laughing as I imagined Aunt Jenette tying Uncle Tate up to a chair and making him read my book. Secretly I was glad he liked my book, I wanted to make my family proud of me and it's refreshing to now that I did that exactly.

I put the letter aside, making a mental note to write him back later and went back to looking at my word document, which was now up to fifteen pages and looking to be a real book. I knew I should be writing my letter back to Brett, who I couldn't say thanks enough to. It was his idea that got me this far into this new book and I would have to make sure to leave a special thanks inside the book for him.

There was a honk outside and I quickly saved my work before shutting the laptop shut. I made my way outside where my two friends had both of their cars packed with their stuff and I knew that that was only half of their belongings. I helped my best friends with their boxes as we started moving them into my house. As their rooms slowly began to fill with their stuff, I wondered why we hadn't thought of this sooner.