Love at First Letter - 9

PLEASE READ FIRST!!!

So I'm not sure if I've given Hazel's editor or agent/manager names yet so I'm just going to give them new ones in this chapter if I already have.

Please let me know if they already have names and I'll fix it!

Love at First Letter

Chapter 9

I focused solely on my writing and not the fact that I hadn't gotten a single letter in a month and a half. On the brightside, my book was just about a quarter of the way finished, still with a lot of work to do but it was coming along well. My editor was currently sitting behind her desk, her eyes scanning through the words of my chapters with her red pen held tightly in hand. She always did do everything the old fashion ways. She preferred to scratch up the paper copy and then go back through the word document and then make all of the corrections. Yes, it was a longer process but it was the way she did things and it worked well for her.

As she flipped through the pages reading faster than I've ever seen anyone else read, her red ink filled up most of the page. She marked out words that didn't need to be there, and wrote all over the paper, sometimes even on the back, as she jotted down her ideas. I sat in the seat in front of her, the book I'm currently reading sitting on my lap.

I had busied myself with writing my book and cleaning and running for these last few weeks, and I needed the distraction that my editor, Kacie, would bring to me. It wasn't much of a distraction granted she was busy reading and editing but it was a distraction nonetheless. And I was grateful.

But there was only so much time I could spend in this office because soon my eyes were moving from page to page but I wasn't retaining an ounce of what the words spoke about. I didn't know what was happening to the main protagonist or their love interest, so instead I opted for closing the book and setting it on the ground by my chair.

It wasn't much longer until Kacie flipped through the pages making sure she didn't have anything else to say. She looked up at me with a masked look, and I immediately thought the worst. Then she spoke the three words that I love to hear come from her lips, these three words made a smile come onto my lips, "I like it."

"Thanks--"

"It has a lot of work to do and a long way to go but it's got potential. The plot is good, the characters are going to be great. People are going to love this story, especially your fans." Kacie folded her hands on top of the papers and intertwined her fingers together. I was glad that Kacie had faith in this story because I really liked this one and I wanted it to go far.

It wasn't long before I switched from Kacie's office to my book agent, Sarah's, office. In Sarah's office it was always more professional, she was always prestine in her pencil skirts and ironed shirts, her hair was always pulled back in a sleek bun, never a piece out of place, and it wasn't a place for joking around. That was reserved for Kacie's office.

Sarah wasn't always so uptight and professional, only when she needed to be. But if she wanted to be a friend we would all go to Kacie's office or out to lunch or anywhere else. She believed that an office was a place for work and work alone and I respected that.

But when it came down to her job, she didn't play around and I knew that when I went M.I.A. for a few weeks she was really stressed. My due date had been pushed back a long time due to the issues, and now it was crunch time.

"Before you left we talked about an upcoming tour for your newest book." That was what Sarah started out with when I sat down in front of her in her office. She was looking between me and her computer, which wasn't something she usually did so I assumed that it was something important she was working on. "And I know that you are trying your hardest to finish this book that is--"