Chapter 29

Deep in the forest now, all three of us have decided to take a break. We can't transform back because none of us have clothes to change into, so we either continue on our way to Alpha Calaban's, or we all go back to Blood Wolf Pack territory and re-pack and start our journey again. And I think that's what we might have to do.

I look to the two males. Hunter is digging at the ground boredly, and Ashton is licking his right arm clean of the blood so it doesnt get infected. I trot over to him, and start licking his wound for him. I have a feeling this is why he shoved me to the ground. Compared to Ashton I'm small in my wolf state, he towers over me even while he's sitting down. He bites my ear and lifts my head out from his arm. I stare into his golden green eyes that I find oh so beautiful.

I sit down in front of him, and watch Hunter. Suddenly Ashton growls at Hunter, and he stops digging. Ashton stands up on all fours, and pulls me up by the ear. We start walking again until we get to the private road where the territory mark beings. I think we are all tired, but we know what has to be done. Lana is a danger to everyone. She'll do anything she can to get close to me and kill me, even if that means killing or hurting someone who is completely innocent.

When we get to the road we all make sure no one is around before running across the road and back into Ashton's territory. Hunter splits up from us and hurrys back to his home, and we hurry back to ours. We rush down the dirt path that leads to the many steps/front entrence of our big house. I nudge Ashton and growl at him to turn around.

I close my eyes and feel myself transform back. I end up on the ground, so I quickly look around me to see if anyone is looking at me, then get up and bolt up the step and rush inside. I make sure to slam the front door so Ashton knows he can transform - even though he could've already known without me slaming the front door.

I hurry into the bedroom and get out new clothes. Such as leggings a crewneck. I grab a pair of pants for Ashton and rush out the door, I hurry down the hallway and when I turn into the kitchen I'm surprised to see Ashton sitting there. I throw his pants to his paws and turn around. I move from leg to leg while shaking my hands waiting for him. When I hear him groan in frustration I turn around quickly and look directly at his fight arm.

His bicep his covered in blood and so his hand from covering it. I take his arm in my hands and look closer at his wound. "Sit down." I say sternly, going around the kitchen counter to our utensils. I take tweezers out and turn the stove on to heat it up a little. I grab a clothes and wet it a litter and once thats done, I hurry back over to Ashton who is sitting on one of the white bar stools and watching me intensely.

I sit down next to him and wipe his wound with the wet cloth. I look up at him expecting him to flinch or wince but he doesn't. I look back down at his wound and put the cloth on the counter and take the tweezers in my hand. Before I take the bullet out I look back up him. "Sorry if this hurts."

"Just do it Aspen, I don't care." I sigh silently, and hold his wound open with my left hand fingers. The bullet isn't to far in his skin which is a good thing. Concentrating very hard, I reach for the bullet in his skin and as soon as I grab hold of it and pull it slolwy out of his arm. With the bullet in between the tweezers I set it carefully on the cloth.

I set the tweezers down next to us on the counter. Ashton is about to get up but I grab his wrist. "Where are you going?"

"To get a shirt, then go into the building." Ashton says, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I roll my eyes and pull him back down on the stool.

"Ya nice try, you need stitches. So stay on that stool until I say you can go." I say giving a pointed look, as I go and find the sewing kit.

When I come back with a sewing needle and a long piece of white thred, Ashton is staring at the bullet that is still on the cloth. I sigh quietly, and sit back in the stool next to him. He looks up at me, and adjusts himself. I don't know why we haven't talked to each other in the past 30 minutes that we've been here, but it's not awkward, not like it used to be anyways.