Chapter 1

I wake up feeling a soft, yet gentle tickle from my temple to my jaw. My eyes flutter open, and the sun comes through my closed curtains. I turn my head the other way to see my mom smiling at me gently. I smike back at her and let out a yawn as I stretch my arms out.

"Good morning sweetheart," mom says with a big grin on her face, as she claps her hands together. "Now, we need to get you ready and presentable for the mating ceremony. So hurry up and get dressed, I need to get breakfast ready. Call your sister when you're ready, okay?"

I nod at her with a small smile, as my eyes wonder over to the dress that is waiting for me - already hanging - in my closet. I look at it side ways, unsure if I like it or not. Doesn't matter, I don't have a choice. I sigh, and carefully take the dress down. I lay it on my bed and undress quickly.

Once I'm done putting on the dress, I look at myself in the mirror. The dress fits me perfectly, as it hugs my waist in and flows elegantly down to my calves. It's a nice light blue colour, that makes my brown hair colour stand out. I call my older sister Rae, who is already ready when she walks into my room.

"That dress looks amazing on you." She says as she sits me down in front of my vanity, and gives me a smile.

I return the smile and look at her dress. She is wearing a pretty pink dress that reaches her toes, with her brown hair pulled up nicely into a bun, and some front strands framing her face. "You look pretty." I complement her.

She nods at me kindly, and I turn my head back to reflection of me. She gently brushes my hair until it's untangled and soft again. She curls my hair, than brushes through them, making them loose and pretty. She than does my makeup, giving me a very natruel look. When she's done, I spray a little perfume on and look at the end result.

I look pretty.

I than walk over to my closet and take out my suitcase. I try and pack all of my mandatory things.

15 minutes later I head down stairs with my suitcase, and when my mom sees me she looks at me lovingly. I sit down next Rae, as mom places a plate in front of me with eggs, bacon, and toast. I eat my food in silence until mom speaks up.

"So? Are you girls nervous?" I look from my food, and look at Rae. She barely touched her food, and the grip she has on her fork gets tighter as her knuckles start turning white.

"I'm scared. I'm scared that I won't be chosen like last time." Rae says looking down at her plate. I chew my food slower as I watch her.

"Don't worry honey, you're even more beautiful than when you were 18!" My mom with enthusiasm, but Rae looks up from her plate and shakes her head.

"You don't get it! It's not my looks that's the problem! It's our pack mom! We are the weakest! And no one wants a weak mate, or even a weak pup!" Rae drops her fork, and gets up annoyed. She walks away from us, and grabs her suitcase. "Look, Aspen and I need to go, is there anything else?"

I look at mom impassive. She is looking at Rae shocked and surprised that she can't even speak. She than hesitantly looks towards me. "Are you scared or nervous?"

"I don't get scared." I say as I leave my fork on my plate and get up. I grab my suitcase and glance one last time at mom, before following Rae out the front door.

When Rae and I get to where the mating ceremony is being held, I notice lots of beautiful girls and some good looking guys. They all are dressed so fancy and impressive. That's when I notice my best friend, Lana, and tackle her into a hug. Lana is wearing a short lavender coloured bodycon dress, with her makeup all fancy, and her dark hair curled as it flowed down her back.