Chapter 4

When we get to the restaurant, it's passed dusk, street lights are glowing, and it's quiet and peaceful. When we walk in, we are immediately greeted by a waiter, who nods at us

"Alpha Black, miss." I nod at him, as we follow him, all the way through the restaurant, to a two person table, in a private spot. No doubt that this place is expensive, and that my mate pulled some cunning tricks to get us this table. The place is dimly lit and has a very sophisticated feel to it. I look around Impressed.

The waiter than comes back to us, and asks for our drinks first. My mate orders red wine, as I order white. He than leaves again, giving us at least 2 minutes to ourselves. I look at my mate questionably.

"How did you manage this?" He looks at me with amusement on his face. He runs a hand through his hair, then looks me dead in the eyes.

"I'm the Alpha, I'm also not poor." He says in cocky tone, which makes me roll my eyes. Ya, I can tell by the house that we live in! The waiter comes back and pours white in mine, and red in his. We tell him our orders, than he leaves, once more.

I pick up my glass and take a sip out of it. "So tell me, how was your day? Did you like the building?" He asks, as I put my glass down and shrug.

"I only walked around the main floor - but ya I guess. I guess it was better and much more bigger than the one on the Ailing Wolf territory." He sips his wine, and nods. I'm hesitant. Do I, or do I not tell him what happened with that bitch of a woman?

"Was there any trouble for you?" I look at him, impassively, as I look into his eyes. I open my mouth, than close it shaking my head. "Good, cause that person would regret it with their life." I grab my drink and smile as I take a sip. You can say that again. He looks at me with a raised eyebrow. But I just shake the smile off my face, and put my drink down.

"So? What do you do - as an Alpha?" I ask settling my hands in my lap, as I look at him seriously. He sighs and leans back in his chair. When he doesn't answer I raise an incisive eyebrow at him.

"You couldn't handle it." He says as he runs a hand through his hair, eyes turning cold and detached.

"Try me. I want to understand you, and know you." I mean, I don't even know his name! I don't know anything about him! And it gets really annoying. More annoying than he usually is.

"I do stuff, that people like you, couldn't handle," he pauses and looks at me, as if wondering if he should continue. I nod at him. "I kill, and make my enemies scream bloody murder. I make them weak - so weak actually that all they can do - Is bow down to me. I make them want to die, I torture them bad enough, that they go insane." I squint my eyes at him, as he looks at me emotionlessly. That's it? That's all?

"Who really are you?"

"I'm Ashton Black - Alpha of the Blood Wolf Pack - and, your mate." My eyes and face soften. Ashton. So that's his name? Well at least I can stop calling him "My mate" as if it were his name. I than put my walls back up and go back to being stone faced, taking another sip from my drink.

"You surprise me." I look up from drink, and look at Ashton. I raise by eyebrow confused. I sit back in my chair, observing him. "I wonder, how many woman would cower away, or show how weak they are by crying non stop. But you, you just sat there, sipping your wine as I told you I murder people to shreds." I shrug as the waiter finally brings us our food.

"I guess I'm not average she-wolf." I say putting a piece of pasta in my mouth. He smirks at me, as I smile down at my food; amused with myself.

"Well, we'll see how you and the other she-wolves get along," I look up from my plate, confused. If they're anything like that female Celeste, I don't think I should go, just in case I punch one of them. "Well usually, Alpha Calaban hosts a brunch for all the new she-wolves from each of the packs." I put my fork down, and watch him in silence, processing this information. So? Does that mean I'll see Lana? - If she was chosen.