Chapter 28

Miss. Bayham looks at me, but I'm stunned. Who does this woman think she is?! We don't even know her and she thinks that she can just get in our business?! Who even does that?! She sits with her body turned to me, her hands folded together and resting on her lap. Her smile doesn't fall from her face, but it sure makes me wanna slap her.

I close my eyes and turn away from her to look at Ashton. Who is looking down at his arms. My face drops even more and hit his arm hard. He looks at me and I hit the back of his head. "There is nothing wrong with your veins!" Ashton gives me a mocking smile, then folds his arms across his chest, making me rolls my eyes at him and look back at Miss. Bayham.

I sigh with a very annoyed smile on my face. "Look, thank you for your input, but it's not necessary. Trust me, he's perfectly fine."

Miss. Bayham raises her hand to me and shakes her finger. "Tut tut. What I heard is that those veins means that he is unhealthy."

I raise an eyebrow at her and look back at Ashton sarcasticly. I look from her to Ashton. I lean back further in my chair hoping for her to see Ashton. Can she see him? "You think he's unheathly?"

Miss. Bayham gestures to Ashton veins on his arms. "Well his veins-"

"Shut up about his veins already! He is perfectly healthly. So wherever you heard that they are bad for him, throw it into a fire!" I snap at her causing her to jump.

"Well!" She says offended, turning away from me and getting up to walk to some other chairs that are farther away from us. Finally!

I slouch back in my chair and look up at Ashton, who is very amused and somewhat entertained. "You handled that very Well." He says slowly and sarcsticly.

"So you're telling me you weren't getting annoyed?" I ask unbelieved.

Ashton scuffs. "Oh no. I thought i was going to rip her head off. I was ready to rip her head off when we first saw her in the forest actually."

I give a him a pointed look. "Would you have done it in front of a child?" He just stares at me, looking innocent all of a sudden. I raiss my eyeurborws and nod at him. "Didnt think so."

"Ok, but if the child weren't there." Ashton says, making me hit him. "Sorry love, but growing up in a pack like mine - and now yours - being violent and murderous is a normal thing. We kill for people, we hunt when were hungry. So if that means a mundane dies a mundane dies."

I slowly nod, and turn my head away from Ashton for a moment. But then suddenly, a question pops into my head, a question he still hasn't answered. I turn my head back to Ashton. "Ashton?"

He fixes his eyes into mine. "Yes Aspen?"

I watch as the colours of green, brown and yellow at mix together perfect in his eyes. "You haven't answered a question I asked you a month back."

"And what question have I still not answered?" Ashton asks, looking at my hands for a second, than looking back into my eyes.

"Why did you chose me? To be your mate?" I ask, but then Ashton grins and looks ahead. I watch him seriously and curiously.

"You still haven't figured it out?" He asks surprised, amazed and shocked.

I pout. "Obviously not. And to be honest I usually just asked that question so I can just be the complete opposite, which I thought would make you want to get rid of me." Well, I mean, some of it is true, but not all of it.

Ashton puts a hand to heart and pretends to be offended. I crack a smile, and nudge him slightly. "I could've very easily done that, but you know, your attitude grow on me. And plus, it's good to know that after all this lovely months I've finally grown on you."