Chapter 12

I feel him tense against me, and pull away. But I hold him back tighter, not letting him go. "Aspen..." He growls under his breath, but I just ignore him. I know him now. The last time we talked about this, he said he'll think about it, which obviously mean't no and he only said it to make me stop talking about it.

I really want to see how he hunts, and yes, it may sound weird but I think it might be better for us, you know cause he wants us to get to know each other better. His words not mine. And yes, I understand that it may be a little more graphic and gross, however I want to get used to this new enviourement, since i should be going hunting. I never really went hunting, i mean my dad wnet hunting for us.

It was almost against the rules for the woman to do anything other than take care of their pups and mates, and clean. The males did all the hunting. But I did say almost, because - and especially for our pack - their are deaths that occur, and it's not usually the males, but it still could happen. So my mom went with another male to help her hunt for us. No matter how many times I would ask my mom to go hunting with her, it as always the same answer. Rae would watch over me, but not really. She was just as sad as I was when our dad died, so I guess we just took care of ourselves.

"Ashton...please..." I don't say in a begging voice, cause I'm not begging him. Not even a full moon could make me bow down to him and beg. I say it in a more demanding tone if that makes sense.

He sighs and I feel him shake his head. "Aspen, we talked about this already, it's too much for you, trust me ok?" I look up at him, resting my chin on his chest.

"No, I don't care if I'll be grossed out and throw up, I want to hunt! With you, and me for the first time. Nothing will change the way I feel about it! So stop trying to convince me otherwise, cause you and I both know I will not give in!" I hiss at him, digging my nails into his back a little. He looks away avoiding my eyes.

"You've never been hunting before?" He asks, and I shake my head. "Well then, all the more for you to stay home!" I give him hard and cold glare. He gently pulls away from me, his hands finding mine again. He looks down at me. "I will take you hunting one day with me, and me alone. But now, I need to take my pack hunting, ok?"

"No. But whatever..." I say looking away annoyed. He then pulls me gently up the stairs, then into our house.

"Stay here and get some rest, I will be back in about an hour." I nod, still not looking at him. I hear him sigh, but he cups my face and kisses my head. I'm annoyed with him, but I liked that. He moves away from me, and slowly walks out the door. I follow him slowly, and watch him walk down the stairs, and start to transform back into a wolf. His dark fur blows slightly with the breeze, Ashton looks at me once more. I'm in the door frame, holding the front door, gazing at him.

He waits for me to go back inside. It always touches me when he needs to make sure I'm safe. I nod at him gently, and close the door slowly and lock it. I quickly move to big windows in the living room and watch him run off to his pack. I sigh, and look up at the sky. The full moon is no more, the stars start to appear more, and the sky is still very dark. I move away from the window, and walk back to my room holding my stomach as I do.

Shit! I forgot to ask him about Celeste, damn it! Yes, it could have been any other she-wolf, but my gut, and my head is telling me it was her. Not to mention the little staring contest they were having. I don't know, I could be paranoid for all I know, because I still don't know what Ashton did to her. I didn't even see Lana either, knock on wood. Who knows what would've happened if I saw her, or even Ashton saw her. I don't think I should say this, but I think his meal wouod have been served right then and there.

Oh my god, how could I even say that about her?! What's happening to me...? I take a deep breath, trying to clear my mind. I take out a very short black mini skirt and put it on. Ashton's dress shirt covers it, so I tuck it in the skirt. Cute outfit. I brush through my hair, and dare to put my perfume on. Oh god, this will not end well. But I'm excited, adrenaline runs through my vains.