Chapter 8

It's so silent...it's kind of bothering me. We are in the car right now and neither of us have spoken to each other since what Ashton said to me in the food court. He even bought me a little snack with a drink without talking to me. It was kind of weird, and it's not even a comfortable silence, it's more of an awkward/tense silence. I offended him, I know that. But I don't know how to fix it.

What I do know, is that he told me a major part of his past, and I didn't really tell him anything other than how weak my family is. I mean, I don't really know if I feel bad or not - I know I should - but...oh I don't know anymore! I actually, genuinely, wanted to get to know him better as a person. And I kind of did, I mean, I found out that he really cared about his father and he didn't intend to become the Alpha. But suddenly...I'm curious. I really don't think it's a good time to ask another question, but...I need to know.

I turn my head to look at Ashton, he glances at me with the corner of his eyes. "This might not be the best timing, but...I was wondering-"

"No." He cuts me off fiercely and sternly, I open my eyes widen in surprise. Ya, I figured that would happen, but I also thought he would at least let me finish my question before he shut me up.

"No? I didn't even ask-"

"I'm not telling you anything more, causing knowing you, it's probably personal and absolutely none of your business." He hiss at me, taking a glance at me. I open my mouth and squint my eyebrows. He doesn't have to be rude about it. "Also, why should I tell you anything else when you have told me nothing about you?!"

"Ya I have! I told you about my family and about my dad!" I snap, but he just looks at me with a sarcastic smile on his.

He throws his hands up, with a very sarcastic and annoyed laugh. "Wow, you told me about your dad who died and about your weak ass family, while I told you how I became the fucking Alpha! Which also, had a tragic and unplanned death in the story!" He snaps loudly, making both of us clench our jaws in anger. I look away from him. He's not wrong, but he's not completely right either.

I told him about my father who died due to that stupid Blood illness when I was 12, but of course theirs more to it than that. And that story, that story never came out of my mouth to anyone other than...well...Lana. Not my sister, and not my mom knew - So it wasn't easy telling just anyone. But a part of me knew, knew that Ashton would find out, or I would tell him. But not now, definitely not now.

Great now I'm back on the Lana subject. No no no no! Aspen stop! Just stop, think, think of anything else! Anything at all!! I turn my head to Ashton who is staring at with his cold hazel eyes.

"What are you doing?" I shake my head and look away biting my nail while thinking. Omg! Stop thinking!! "Aspen?!"

I look at Ashton innocently. "Hmm?"

He raises an eyebrow at me. "What are you doing? Why are biting your nails?" Why does he care?! Was he not ignoring me, than yelling at me like a second ago?

I roll my eyes at him, not interested. "I do that when I'm thinking. Why do you care all of a sudden?" I asked this in a harsh and cold voice. The car suddenly comes to a stop, and turns his body to me a little. He stares at me dead in the eye and for a few moments, doesn't say anything.

He take hold of my face with one hand and brings my face closer, than he scowls. "You know, at first, I thought you'd be fun since you're a challenge. But now, I think I was just stupid. You are disrespectful and bratty. I try and do nice things for you, but you have this wall up covering every little thing, and you are always on the defense about everything I do! I. Am. Done." He let's go of my face, and gets out of the car, slamming the door.