Chapter 14

Ashton promised he would call the Alpha of the Mercanary Wolf Pack. I don't doubt him, I'm starting to trust him more and more. I've been in his office for more than a few hours because he - And I quote - wanted me to be safe. Whatever that meant. I am safe, it's not like just anyone can walk on his terriotory. But now that I'm thinking about it, how did John, Marco, and Alex get on Blood Wolf Packs territory?

I mean it's not hard to get on the Ailing Wolf Pack territory since they're so easy going, but not Ashton's terriotoy. Definitely not his territory, especially me - who he also calls his territory. How nice...Whatever.

I noticed not a lot of people visited him, but he did get a bunch if phone calls. He didn't tell me who it was calling, or he didn't tell me why those males came to see him in his office. But I mean, since he wasn't hush hush about, I don't think I should be overthinking it. I watch Ashton write down stuff on a piece of lined paper. He's so concentrated, and his wrist is so fluent as he writes stuff down.

I hug my knee closer, and bite my nails as I watch the sunset. It's really beautiful from here. You probably couldn't even tell it was November 1st if you saw that. I look back at Ashton who glances at me briefly. He finishes scribbling down words, and puts the papers in his drawer. He gets up from his chair and makes his way over to me. I stop biting my nails and watch him. He holds out his hand to me, and I take it.

We walk out of his office - Ashton making sure he locks his door - then head down the stairs. Like always, people give us stares and bow their heads at us in acknowledgement. I always think the same thing over and over of how unnecessary it is to. I mean, for Ashton maybe, but for me, no. It's not like I hate it because of all the attention, not at all. I could honestly careless about how much attention is given to me.

When we reach the main floor, we walk past the males and some females, then we stop. Ashton let's go of my hand and gives me a quick glance, before walking over to "secretary" and telling her something, at which she nods to. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion when he walks back. I look up at him, waiting for him to tell me what he said to her.

He shakes his head, and grabs my hand again. "Don't worry about it, you'll find out anyways." I open my mouth to say something, but I just roll my eyes not bothering to. I start to walk off, but Ashton holds me back. Ok now I'm annoyed.

"What?!" I hiss.

"I have something to do, so I'll walk you home. I'll be quick, it's just a small stop not too far form here." He explains, and I arch an eyebrow.

I glance over to the secretary. Is that what he was talking to her about? I look back at Ashton. "Where are you going?"

"Like I said, you'll find out." Ashton says.

I huff and run my free hand through my hair. "Ok. When am I going to find out?"

He chuckles. "Curious one, aren't you?" I roll my eyes, and pull my hand out of his, mumbling "whatever" as I start to walk off.

I walk out the glass door, and the cold air immediately caresses my face, and surrounds me. I hold down my skirt from the wind, as I walk on the dirt path that leads to our house. I look back several times, wondering if Ashton even bothered to follow me out. And no, he did not. The fact that he didn't makes me feel a type of way. Like not hurt, or sadness, just like...I don't it makes my stomach fall a little.

When I reach the house, I walk through the front door and look around board. What the hell could he possibly be doing right now?! Maybe I could follow him...ya no, that would never work. He would smell me before I reached him. Ok, so making dinner it is. I take out chicken, and vegetables. Well be a little fancy today.